dotti

Distinguished
Aug 19, 2006
can someone help me out here, im lost and i dont know what to do

my system wont start up,

like i mean i get absoutely noting when i try to turn my computer on.

no beeps, no sound what so ever.

it was working fine yesterday but when i try to turn it on this morning i get nothing.

do u guys think its the psu ? mobo ? ram?

my rig is :

core 2 duo e6600
1gb corsair 667 ram
2 seagate harddrive
radeonx700
asus p5b
antec nsk6500 case (it comes with su-430 powersupply)
heres the link

http://www.cluboverclocker.com/reviews/cases/antec/NSK6500/Index.htm

sailer

Splendid
The psu is the number one culprit. Ram or mobo would usually allow something to happen; fans coming on, beeps, something. Often psus that come with a case are not the best in the lineup. Figure a case costs pretty close to $100 for a cheap case. The whole package only lists for $109.99, so that leaves only $10 or so for a psu. You can't get much of a psu for $10. When you go to replace the psu, look for one in the 500-600wt range. That will last you a while and allow for a few upgrades.

cattbert

Distinguished
Oct 6, 2006
Does the power supply fan come on? The power supply would be my best guess as well. As the other poster mentioned, although other parts might cause hang ups and other wierd problems, usually they will at least start to draw power before going haywire. Although it is possible to completely fry a mb, it is much more likely that your psu died.

1Tanker

Splendid
Apr 28, 2006
can someone help me out here, im lost and i dont know what to do

my system wont start up,

like i mean i get absoutely noting when i try to turn my computer on.

no beeps, no sound what so ever.

it was working fine yesterday but when i try to turn it on this morning i get nothing.

do u guys think its the psu ? mobo ? ram?

my rig is :

core 2 duo e6600
1gb corsair 667 ram
2 seagate harddrive
radeonx700
asus p5b
antec nsk6500 case (it comes with su-430 powersupply)
heres the link

Before]http://www.cluboverclocker.com/reviews/cases/antec/NSK6500/Index.htm
Before you go replacing any parts, did you open up the case, and make sure that all wires are connected(power switch wire didn't come loose)? These things can happen. GL :)

sailer

Splendid
Before you go replacing any parts, did you open up the case, and make sure that all wires are connected(power switch wire didn't come loose)? These things can happen. GL :)

Good thought. Might also check if the power cord is plugged in as well. I have had my cat loosen that once enough that the computer just sat there when I tried to turn it on.

shamoo

Distinguished
Jan 29, 2005
I would replace the psu anyways the 12 volt rail is only 16 amps thats severely underrated you need a 12 volt rail with around 40 - 60 amps now a days.
looking at it some more that psu has 2 12 volt rails you might have them not balanced. you got a friend that you can swap a psu with i would suggest you do.

dotti

Distinguished
Aug 19, 2006
PROBLEM SOLVED!

it was the psu...

after getting a new one, it works fine! rock solid

thank god the psu didnt take my mobo with it...

thanks everyone , problem has been solved

ps. i was looking forward getting the OCZ 600W , but they didnt have in stock so i got this instead.

shamoo

Distinguished
Jan 29, 2005
congrats on fixing your computer
in the future look at the label on the side of the psu many rails is not always better you usually want a psu that has a single rail with high current but that psu should suit you fine for now.