USA is the Top Spamming Country in the World

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the Tom's Hardware community: where nearly two million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.
Status
Not open for further replies.

septentriones

Distinguished
Apr 13, 2010
Maybe I just don't get around enough, but I've never had any spam problems, even on my second email address for memberships and such. (unless you consider college email spam and they offer the option of canceling)

nekatreven

Distinguished
Feb 20, 2007
[citation][nom]JMcEntegart[/nom]I was on holiday for most of last week and part of the week before but I'm back now. North America has Lucky Charms and Wal-Mart; what's not to love?[/citation]

I'd written something I thought was pretty great in response...and was rather sad during my routine fact double-check that you'd actually not moved to the US and it no longer made sense.

...Something along the lines of being closer to the creepy nerds who hit on you in the comments, and a reference to this video. ...oh well

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BauukKCff0o

banHammer.offTopic.deactivate("YAY AMERICAN SPAM!");

JMcEntegart

Splendid
Aug 25, 2007
[citation][nom]nekatreven[/nom]I'd written something I thought was pretty great in response...and was rather sad during my routine fact double-check that you'd actually not moved to the US and it no longer made sense....Something along the lines of being closer to the creepy nerds who hit on you in the comments, and a reference to this video. ...oh wellbanHammer.offTopic.deactivate("YAY AMERICAN SPAM!");[/citation]

Fact double-check? I've got a serious case of jetlag that suggests I did indeed move halfway across the world last week!

nekatreven

Distinguished
Feb 20, 2007
[citation][nom]JMcEntegart[/nom]Fact double-check? I've got a serious case of jetlag that suggests I did indeed move halfway across the world last week![/citation]

Yea...folks on here are ruthless! I almost always go back and double check whatever I've said before posting so I don't get roasted (as much). (for example in this case it would have been: "She moved to Canada you idiot")

hotroderx

Distinguished
May 15, 2008
Something tells me the way these numbers where gotten was by checking to see where the email address originated from such as your Hotmail account or Gmail account or what have you. So yes if that's the way they got there numbers i can see that with so many people in the united states using email and computers its not surprising since all it takes is 1 maybe 2 clicks to get your email address stolen then mass spam can be sent from it. Kinda like PC vs Mac with security flaws Mac has fewer security flaws (Found) cause of few users. Will most other countries have fewer PC users so you get the point.

kelemvor4

Distinguished
Oct 3, 2006
[citation][nom]aoenate[/nom]Most spam i actually receive seems to be in broken English - makes me think it's originating out of the country.[/citation]
It makes me think there's a lot of stupid people out there.

etrom

Distinguished
Apr 26, 2010
[citation][nom]Spanky Deluxe[/nom]I never knew Ireland was the lead exporter of spam {spam spam spam spam spam spam spam spamty spam oh spamty spam}.[/citation]

Hail Monty Python! :D

It will continue as long as spamming is treated as a game. Convicted spammers need to see "GAME OVER!" flashed up in lights, accompanied by a fail horn, just before receiving a large caliber round to the back of the head.

rhino13

Distinguished
Apr 17, 2009
Whew, China has cleaned up their spam.

Now if they can just get hacking, piracy, and general scamming under control... meh, China will always be number 1 on my baddie list.

Bruceification73

Distinguished
Oct 5, 2009

We're not the fattest in the world, American Samoa is. We are number 3, almost tied with Germany for fourth, so get your facts straight.

Status
Not open for further replies.