Usable Memory 4GB out of 8GB after installing new motherboard + cpu AMD

NVIDIAFTWGuy

Honorable
Jun 18, 2013
Hello guys, i am experiencing memory issues where i can only use 4gb out 8gb. My BIOS detects
the 8GB installed ram properly, when booting into windows,at first windows recognizes the 8GB ram and use it until i launch some games or any resource hungry application. I noticed from taskmanager that my other 4GB of RAM has gone into Hardware Reserved. Is there something i need to disable in BIOS? The onboard Graphics?

Specs:
FX8320E
ASUS M5A78L-M LX3
Corsair Vengeance DDR3 LP 1600mhz

^^^^^that's more of an intel cpu issue(flat contact needed due to no actuall pins). very rare issue on amd cpus.

are you using XMP profile in your bios mememory settings? might try a different profile

are you using more then one stick of ram? if so try one at a time. one stick could be bad

what video card are you using?, non listed above so very likely the issue is this, if your using onboard video then that hardware reserve is actually how much your integrated graphics is using of your ram you cannot control this.

Tradesman1

Legenda in Aeternum

Not reall, this has solved the problem on tons of AMD systems, also since this is an older Asus mobo, believe it utilizes DOCP in the BIOS rather than XMP (which is an Intel thing) that many newer AMD mobos have started using (though they have to pay licensing fees to do so, previously Asus had DOCP for DRAM OC profiles, GB had EOCP, and AMD itself tried to implement a 'standard' called AMP

NVIDIAFTWGuy

Honorable
Jun 18, 2013

BIOS detects my RAM and I don't overclock my ram. My graphics card is a GT 440. I strongly believe it had to do something with Intergrated Graphics. It keeps allocating ram for itself. I am really frustrated right now, i can't even disable the intergrated graphics

NVIDIAFTWGuy

Honorable
Jun 18, 2013

I have the GPU card onboard, drivers installed. I did memtest and no errors were found. I did mess around with the OC Menu for ram, i set the timings and latency same as specified on Corsair website. After I did that, i got back 3GB and up back.
theres still 898mb allocated to hardware reserve, is my best bet to reinstall Windows?