Question USB 2.0 header pin orientation seems to be inverted (Intel NUC 7iBNH)

Nov 8, 2022
I have a NUC 7iBNH that I would like to add an internal USB 2.0 port to. There is a 9 pin USB 2.0 header on the motherboard, but the orientation appears to be inverted - the blank 10th pin on the usb header adapter is in a different location than the header's 10th spot. I'll try to diagram what I'm asking about:

Adapter
X X X X X
OX X X X

Motherboard Header
X X X X X
OX X X X

Pictures here:
View: https://imgur.com/a/XjOQhBP

I've looked around at other adapters available, and it looks like they're all oriented that way. Am I missing something?

Lutfij

Titan
Welcome to the forums, newcomer!

Might want to pass on a link to the adapter you're trying to force it on. I say force since that header you've pointed out, isn't meant for USB connectivity, in fact if you turn to page 46 in your NUC's manual, section 2.2.4, connector labelled A, it's the front panel headers for power, reset, HDD activity and power LED's. To corroborate that finding, look at Section 2.2.4.4 Front Panel Header (2.0 mm Pitch), page 51 and Figure 13 on page 52.

If connectors F and G, with respect to Figure 12. Connectors and Headers (Bottom) on page 46 are unpopulated they should be handling USB2.0 connectivity.