Question USB 2.0 internal ports and Commander Pro

Jun 24, 2019
Hey all. Hope someone will have an idea how to overcome an issue I have come across.

I am using a Strix Z370F mobo which has 2 usb internal ports. But I just bought Razer O11 Dynamic by Lian Li, a ROG Ryujin 360 AIO and Corsair commander pro to control my LL fans. That makes the requirement for usb 2.0 to 3. I though I was way ahead of this with the 2 extra the commander pro offers. However, whatever I connect to the commander pro it doesnt work!! First it was the case lightning effects. I changed them with AIO just to see if its faulty, the one on the motherboard works either time, the one on the commander pro does not.

Do I have to sacrifice one of the 3? Change motherboard? What about that NZXT internal USB adapter?Anyone knows if that would work, or there is a similar option, hopefully without molex connector...?

Jun 24, 2019

Thank you!! Will give either of the first 2 a chance(3rd cant be shipped to my country) next week hopefully this fixes it! Yeah I would like to keep the components. That was pretty much my update. Bought new case aio and fans...It was pretty disappointing having 1 of them not to work. Thank you for your help and the informative links. Really appreciate it!