Usb 2.0 ramdom malfuntioning!

stalkingdatoast

Honorable
Jul 29, 2012
I build a new computer and am having a problem lately , after a few minutes livestreaming one of my usb disconnects and tells me that its malfunctioning and that i should connected the ( HDPVR) wich is what i have connected to that usb (2.0) port to a faster usb 2.0 port! it doesnt make any sence to me, is like that usb ports completely goes bad. the wierd thing about this , is that to fix this problem all i have to do is re start the computer, and it works again. Also if i change to a different usb port , it happends again!... can anyone help with this, is this a motherboard problem??

this is my setup..

Asus Sabertooth 990FX R2.0 AM3+ Motherboard - ATX, Socket AM3+, AMD 990FX/SB950, DDR3 1866 MHz, SATA III (6Gb/s), RAID, 8-CH Audio, Gigabit LAN, USB 3.0, PCIe 2.0, CrossFireX Ready

AMD FD8350FRHKBOX FX-8350 Eight-Core 4GHz AM3+ Processor - AM3+, Eight-Core, 4GHz, 16MB, 125W, Unlocked

750 watts power

8gb 1333 ram

XFX FX-785A-CDFC AMD Radeon HD 7850 Double Dissipation Edition Video Card - 2GB GDDR5, 860MHz, Dual MiniDP, HDMI, Dual DVI, PCI-E, Double Dissipation Edition, CrossFire ready

TenPc

Honorable
Jul 11, 2012
What else is connected to the other usb ports? Your phone (charging the battery) or a camera or ipod. Remove non-essentials from the usb ports while you use the HDPVR, also, you have to use the same usb port every time you use it.

The vieo card requires 650 watt PSU so the 750 watt PSU might not be having enough surplus power for the rest of the componnts, I'd suggest about 900 watts PSU for this rig.

The total input of all the hardware should equate to 80% of the total output of the PSU to allow for power surges and extra power should it be required by the system.