USB 2.0 vs 3.0 Gaming mouse and keyboard

Gardnersworld1

Honorable
Jan 22, 2013
Hi all, i have a usb 3.0 connectors on my mobo, but because i have a sandybridge cpu i can not use them (i7 2700k).

And i was just wondering whether or not this matters for gaming? As in, would i actually get a gaming benefit via my mouse and keyboard using the usb 3.0 instead of the usb 2.0

Replies are always obliged guys, thanks chris.

Also it might be worth mentioning the mouse i use is a logitech g700 which is wireless.. I don't know if that makes a significant difference.

Solution
usb type will not matter. keyboards and mice do not send alot of information through the usb interface. on a side note, if you have a keyboard and you had a PS/2 vs USB, PS/2 is superior due to it being able to read more key presses at once. thats about it.
usb type will not matter. keyboards and mice do not send alot of information through the usb interface. on a side note, if you have a keyboard and you had a PS/2 vs USB, PS/2 is superior due to it being able to read more key presses at once. thats about it.

Solution

Gardnersworld1

Honorable
Jan 22, 2013

thanks man, just what i wanted to see

Matthew West

Honorable
Jul 13, 2013
What dudewitbow is correct in that a keyboard and mouse will not transfer enough information for the USB 3.0 to matter, USB 3.0 comes with full duplex support which eliminates the need for the OS to continually "poll" the device, which translates into reduced latencies, which is most certainly a benefit for gaming. However, this applies mostly to mice and doesn't really affect keyboards as much, like dudewithbox said, PS/2 interface is better for keyboards as it eliminates ghosting.