[SOLVED] USB 3.0 getting power but not data

Dec 30, 2019
Hey there,

This one is strange to me... I have a brand new Phanteks case which has USB 3.0 ports on the top side. My motherboard, Gigabyte H110 D3A Rev 1.0 has USB 3.0 pins ready for use. I plugged in there as I should and one of the ports works perfectly and the other.... not so. One port picks up everything, external drives, keyboards, controllers, mice etc. The second port beeps as though something is connected, but nothing shows up in the computer. No external drives, flash drives, keyboards etc.

I plugged my phone in to it, it charges, but I can not find my phone on the list in devices. But yet I plug in the other port, the same one from the same motherboard, just a split plug that comes with the chassis, it is perfect, works as expected.

What should I do? Is there anything or is this one of those "return to where you got it from" moments? Because I really don't want to set up the whole chassis again (it's fun once).

Thanks kindly.

Dec 30, 2019
Looks like RMA either the port/cable on the case is faulty or the plug on the motherboard.

Thanks for the reply.

If it was the mobo wouldn't I expect neither of the ports to work seeing as both are daisy chained from the same plug on the mobo? It could just be the cable on the USB port at the case end... but how can I check easily?