USB 3.0 not functioning on Gigabyte H81M-Gaming 3 motherboard (Windows 10)

ChairmanSaab

Distinguished
Feb 8, 2013
All my USB 3.0 devices are running in USB 2.0 high speed mode instead of USB 3.0 (confirmed using USB device tree program). Yes, I'm using the correct USB 3.0 (blue) ports on the rear panel.

Gigabyte website has no USB 3.0 driver listed for Windows 10/8.1, only Windows 8,7 are listed. Does that mean USB 3.0 controller on Windows 10 no longer need manufacturer given drivers to work?

Can someone hook me up with Gigabyte USB 3.0 drivers that might work with my motherboard?

Motherboard is Gigabyte H81M-Gaming 3
Windows 10 64bit

Dunlop0078

Titan
Ambassador
Well I would assume gigabyte just never bothered to update the USB 3 driver for win 10, probably because the win 7 driver works on 10. I would try the top USB 3 driver on gigbytes website, you don't need the hot fixes they are old. I have found that most win 7 and win 8 drivers will function on win 10.

Dunlop0078

Titan
Ambassador

The hot fixes are older than the driver. I would assume the driver already contains those hot fixes.

ChairmanSaab

Distinguished
Feb 8, 2013

I'm getting this error. Tried all Windows 7 and 8 compatibility mode with no luck.

WrM39G2.jpg

Bios is upto-date: Version F2 Latest

Chipset: I'm not sure, i haven't installed anything related.

Are those "intel Management Engine Interface" and "Intel INF installation" drivers really needed for USB 3.0 to function?

Here's the screenshot of Device manager, seems like USB 3.0 were automatically installed by Windows 10 but why aren't they working?

1mxJPIW.jpg