[SOLVED] USB 3.0 pci card install issue

May 16, 2020
Hello

I'm having a problem after installing a USB 3.0 pci card and I'm about to lose my mind.

The card has power. The card is detected and drivers updated as per Windows device manager. When I plug anything in one of the new ports nothing happens, not even power going to let's say my cell phone. When I plug anything in one of the mobo's USB ports I get the pop up saying I should use a USB 3.0 port for faster bla bla bla,,

here's some specs

Windows 7
Inateck Superspeed 7 Ports PCI-E to USB 3.0 Expansion Card
Detected as fresco fl1100
Mobo is gigabyte h61m ds2h (v2.1)

I'm no pro, any help would be greatly appreciated

Thank you!

Paperdoc

Polypheme
Ambassador
The PCI and PCIe busses never were designed to supply much power to anything connected to them, and certainly not enough for standard USB 3 ports. Hence your card must have power supplied to it directly from your PSU. The input connector for that is on the front edge (furthest from your back panel) and it accepts a standard SATA power output from your PSU. To help, the unit comes with two cables - one to feed from a SATA output, and another to adapt a 4-pin Molex output from the PSU to the SATA connection cable. Have you made that power supply connection to your card?

May 16, 2020
The PCI and PCIe busses never were designed to supply much power to anything connected to them, and certainly not enough for standard USB 3 ports. Hence your card must have power supplied to it directly from your PSU. The input connector for that is on the front edge (furthest from your back panel) and it accepts a standard SATA power output from your PSU. To help, the unit comes with two cables - one to feed from a SATA output, and another to adapt a 4-pin Molex output from the PSU to the SATA connection cable. Have you made that power supply connection to your card?
Yes the power cable is plugged to it and the blue LED is on on the card,,,

TRENDING THREADS