Usb 3.0 pci card

Cj Lukasz

Reputable
May 2, 2014
Im looking for a pci card like this
www.lycom.com.tw/UB-114i.htm
as my system is old and out dated but im putting it in a better case thats has usb 3.0 ports and my motherboard doesnt have the header to support them

I've looked everywhere but i keep seeing out of stock and not available i'm hoping you guys can help me find them somewhere, I'm not fussed with brand just something similar

I'm living in australia so as long as the business or site ships to australia im okay with that

Solution
Sorry I can't be more help in finding a Australian etailer / retailer. I could list a half dozen in North America that carry similar products.

The upside to the USB card is it is so short it shouldn't interfere too badly with the air intake. Unless of course the space is occupied by the graphics card, then you're SOL. I'm quite certain that they don't make a PCI variant, and it would be pointless if they did. The PCI bus can't provide enough bandwidth for USB 3.0.

nordsense

Reputable
Nov 29, 2015

If your pc is running windows type system informationinto your windows search. Your motherboard should be listed as baseboard manufacturer along with the baseboard model

There is no guarantee that using System Information will get you the model number of your motherboard. Motherboard makers are free to no put anything in that field. The best way is to remove the side of the case and have a look at the silkscreening on the board. It should have a maker and model number. If you are unsure, just take a picture of your motherboard and post it to this thread.

PCI-E is PCI-Express, the E is just the short version of Express.

So you have the correct slot. Is it spaced far enough away from the PCI-E X16 slot that it won't interfere with your graphics card (assuming you have one and not using integrated graphics)?

As for availabilty, I know there are cards like this available here in North America, even a local shop in my home town has them. It's likely a matter of looking around in your area. Do you have any local computer shops? They might have some stock on similar cards.

Cj Lukasz

Reputable
May 2, 2014
Yeah i have two slot gpu
If it fits in the pci express x1 slot it will be a tight fit and i do have some computer shops around my area and from what ive seen there none i might have to look again but im hoping to find one online thatll ship to australia

Sorry I can't be more help in finding a Australian etailer / retailer. I could list a half dozen in North America that carry similar products.

The upside to the USB card is it is so short it shouldn't interfere too badly with the air intake. Unless of course the space is occupied by the graphics card, then you're SOL. I'm quite certain that they don't make a PCI variant, and it would be pointless if they did. The PCI bus can't provide enough bandwidth for USB 3.0.

Solution