[SOLVED] USB 3.0 PCI-E x1 help

barneymufc

Distinguished
Aug 31, 2013
Hi guys,

I just bought this off Amazon:

Multibao 2 Ports PCI-E USB 3.0 with 4 Pin molex and 19Pin 20Pin Interface PCI Express Card Adapter for Windows XP/Vista/7/8/10 : Amazon.co.uk: Computers & Accessories

I only have a free PCI-E x1 slot. When I plugged this in it didn't work, and when I relooked at the item description it said:

"WIN10 system is plug and play, no driver installation is required. If it is not available, please contact us. Win 7/8/XP/Vista need to install the driver. Applicable to PCI-E X4, X8, X16, not applicable to PCI-E X1 and PCI."

What I'm hoping someone can help me with is this - Does this mean that it can't be used in a PCI-E x1 slot, or just that if I use it in a PCI-E x1 slot I will need to source my own drivers i.e. it won't be plug and play?

Many thanks for your expert advice in advance!

Barney

Solution
Hi guys,

Multibao 2 Ports PCI-E USB 3.0 with 4 Pin molex and 19Pin 20Pin Interface PCI Express Card Adapter for Windows XP/Vista/7/8/10 : Amazon.co.uk: Computers & Accessories

I only have a free PCI-E x1 slot. When I plugged this in it didn't work, and when I relooked at the item description it said:

"WIN10 system is plug and play, no driver installation is required. If it is not available, please contact us. Win 7/8/XP/Vista need to install the driver. Applicable to PCI-E X4, X8, X16, not applicable to PCI-E X1 and PCI."

What I'm hoping someone can help me with is this - Does this mean that it can't be used in a PCI-E x1 slot, or just that if I use it in a PCI-E x1 slot I will need to...

deesider

Honorable
Jun 15, 2017
Hi guys,

What I'm hoping someone can help me with is this - Does this mean that it can't be used in a PCI-E x1 slot, or just that if I use it in a PCI-E x1 slot I will need to source my own drivers i.e. it won't be plug and play?

Barney
It's a little ambiguous, but seems like if you contact them they can supply a driver - give that a go and see what they say?

Reactions: barneymufc
Solution

barneymufc

Distinguished
Aug 31, 2013
Hi guys,

Barney

I'm not overly confident in the Amazon questions route however - There has only been one question answered to date....

''Device not appearing. Is a driver available?

Answer:

-Applicable to PCI-E X4, X8, X16,
not applicable to PCI-E X1 and PCI.
By Amazon Customer on 09 September 2021

-The card chipset is Via VL805, you can try download from google '' vl805 driver download '':
Normally no drivers needed by windows. thanks a lot.
By Multibao-Shop SELLER on 28 March 2021''

Does this give anyone a better idea of whether there is a work around? Thanks!

deesider

Honorable
Jun 15, 2017
Are you using Windows 10? If so, it seems that you shouldn't need any drivers at all. Have you checked Device Manager to see if there is an unknown device there? If there is nothing there perhaps the device is just faulty.