Question USB 3.0 ports not working!! Pls help!!

Ali_183

Reputable
Nov 18, 2016
I know this is old but I've been trying to get my USB 3.0 ports working for a looong time!!

I've tried my keyboard (connected to my usb 3.0 port) in BIOS... and it worked and I can navigate around, but once I boot into Windows, it stopped working (the light went off and no respond when pressed)... I've did the free upgrade to Windows 10 and still the problem is not solved. (USB 3.0 under device manager still has that yellow triangle, exclamation mark and nothing connected works, not even supplying power - mouse and keyboard doesn't light up)

Did a re-install of Windows 7 and then re-install all the drivers (network and usb3.0) and still the USB 3.0 have that yellow triangle and doesn't work! So I restore from backup image ... (I probably won't re-install again as I realise I've lost many of my needed programs)

Operating System
Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bit SP1
CPU
Intel Core i7 3770 @ 3.40GHz
Ivy Bridge 22nm Technology
RAM
8.00GB Dual-Channel DDR3 @ 665MHz (9-9-9-24)
Motherboard
Acer Predator G3620 (SOCKET 0) 28 °C
Graphics
Generic Non-PnP Monitor (1280x1024@60Hz)
2047MB NVIDIA GeForce GT 630 (Sapphire/PCPartner)

Any guru can help, pls!!

Lutfij

Titan
You should list your specs like so:
CPU:
Motherboard:
Ram:
SSD/HDD:
GPU:
PSU:
Chassis:

Given this looks like a prebuilt system, an SKU to your Acer system would be helpful as well.

On that note, are you on the latest BIOS update for your motherboard? Were the USB ports faulty/failing from day one? If not then it's possible that the board is faulty or you're using the wrong drivers.

Tell you what, where did you source the drivers for your platform? From Acer's product support site? OS, app's, among other things can be reinstalled. The only question is, do you have time to reinstall them and do you have the time to troubleshoot the system?

Ali_183

Reputable
Nov 18, 2016
You should list your specs like so:
CPU:
Motherboard:
SSD/HDD:
GPU:
PSU:
Chassis:

Given this looks like a prebuilt system, an SKU to your Acer system would be helpful as well.

On that note, are you on the latest BIOS update for your motherboard? Were the USB ports faulty/failing from day one? If not then it's possible that the board is faulty or you're using the wrong drivers.

Tell you what, where did you source the drivers for your platform? From Acer's product support site? OS, app's, among other things can be reinstalled. The only question is, do you have time to reinstall them and do you have the time to troubleshoot the system?

Hi, thanks for the swift reply.

I got my drivers from https://www.acer.com/ac/en/SG/content/drivers and then I downloaded Driver Easy to check for additional drivers needed.

I've checked and am quite sure I'm on the latest BIOS (P01.A2).
As for the USB 3.0 ports, they're working fine prior to a Windows Update... and I've tried them in BIOS just the other day (pressing Del before getting into Windows) that the keyboard worked on the USB3.0 port (it light up and I can navigate around with the arrow keys), however once it booted into Windows, the keyboard just "turn off" (no lights or respond)... Once in Windows, I can only use the USB2.0 ports.

I'm not good with technical stuffs, What is SKU? I do not currently have quite a handful of the programs I've installed...

CPU:
Intel Core i7 3770 @ 3.40GHz
Ivy Bridge 22nm Technology
Motherboard: Acer Predator G3620
Ram: 8.00GB Dual-Channel DDR3 @ 665MHz (9-9-9-24)
HDD:
ST1000DM 003-9YN162 SCSI Disk Device
Manufacturer Seagate
GPU:
Generic Non-PnP Monitor (1280x1024@60Hz)
2047MB NVIDIA GeForce GT 630 (Sapphire/PCPartner)
PSU: No idea ...
Chassis: Not sure but it has an Acer logo on it (on the front has 2xUSB2.0 and 2x USB3.0), behind has 4xUSB2.0 and 2xUSB3.0)