[SOLVED] USB 3.0 support

RogueMarauder

Distinguished
Nov 23, 2014
So right now I'm going to be getting the ASUS Prime B450 Plus Motherboard to go with my Ryzen 5 2600 (Unless someone thinks that there are better options)
When I put my build into the PCpartpicker, it said
  • Asus - PRIME B450-PLUS ATX AM4 Motherboard has an onboard USB 3.0 header, but the Cooler Master - HAF 912 ATX Mid Tower Case does not have front panel USB 3.0 ports.
Is this is a big deal? I currently use both my front panel USB ports so does this make those useless or... I'm just sorta confused by what this means

Solution
The board will have 3.0 (or higher, 3.1 with a couple of reversible type C connectors) on the rear. It has at least one USB 3.0 header to support front panel USB3. If it doesn't have one or more 2.0 headers for backwards compatibility an adapter can be used to connect the front panel ports. Either way, the ports will work (just at the speed of standard 2.0).
The board will have 3.0 (or higher, 3.1 with a couple of reversible type C connectors) on the rear. It has at least one USB 3.0 header to support front panel USB3. If it doesn't have one or more 2.0 headers for backwards compatibility an adapter can be used to connect the front panel ports. Either way, the ports will work (just at the speed of standard 2.0).

Solution