Question USB 3.2 Gen2x2 20gbit/s board, but only USB 3.1 Gen 2 case?

mkdr

Distinguished
Oct 9, 2013
I wanted to buy a board which has a USB 3.2 Gen2x2 20gbit/s type c internal connection, but I noticed, mostly all cases you can buy, just seem to have a USB 3.1 Gen 2 type c front connector. For example the Pure Base 500DX or the Fractal Design North

Are the usb-c front connectors really just USB 3.1 Gen 2 and therefor just 10gbit/s ? What cases deliver true USB 3.2 Gen2x2 usb-c connectors in the same price range?

You should focus on the case rather than the USB port, unless you absolutely have to use USB 3.2 every day and it must be connected to the computer front panel (?!?)

If you use it sparsely, a simple USB 3.2 cable or Hub connected to the motherboard's USB 3.2 port will do the job when you need it.

Reactions: mkdr

mkdr

Distinguished
Oct 9, 2013
Hm yeah, I could always buy a seperate usb-c slot which I could connect to the motherboard, but a front panel usb-c would be really helpful. why should I buy a new pc for $2000+ which has not the latest standards. Really annoying it seems most cases you can buy today dont seem to support true 20gbit/s usb-c front connectors.

Hm yeah, I could always buy a seperate usb-c slot which I could connect to the motherboard, but a front panel usb-c would be really helpful. why should I buy a new pc for $2000+ which has not the latest standards. Really annoying it seems most cases you can buy today dont seem to support true 20gbit/s usb-c front connectors.

I believe that case manufacturers have theirs priorities.

But things like USB, SATA... don't seem to be on their list because 99.99% of buyers won't question about the USB 3.2 vs USB 3.1 difference.