[SOLVED] USB Bluetooth Adapter - Both mic & speaker?

VERSION_1583

Commendable
May 7, 2021
Hi,

I have a pair of wireless earphones, but my laptop does not have an Bluetooth feature. I was wondering if a Bluetooth USB adaptor (link below) will be able to transmit two ways; sound from computer and input from me speaking with my wireless earphone simultaneously.

Amazon Link: EasyULT 4 in 1 USB 5.0 Transmitter Receiver Bluetooth Adapter, Wireless Bluetooth Dongle with 3.5mm Digital Audio Cable, for Bluetooth Headset, Speaker, Keyboard, Mouse and More(Black): Amazon.co.uk: Computers & Accessories

Thanks.

Solution
A standard bluetooth adapter will be able to work with a standard bluetooth headset for the mic. If you can use the headset you have on your phone with the mic, you can do the same thing with a bluetooth adapter. This one should work, but keep in mind in some rare cases bluetooth devices just won't pair with each-other https://www.amazon.com/TP-Link-Blue...DMP6T22/ref=pd_lpo_3?pd_rd_i=B09DMP6T22&psc=1

You can also use your headset with a single cable on the PC with a simple 4 pole to dual 3 pole adapter cable.
Maybe something is not real clear in your question. Bluetooth always send data in both direction I don't think it can run any other way. In most cases the actual bluetooth chips used in laptops are the same as the usb devices.

Now if you are talking about really being "simultaneous" that gets into the messy area of what the word means. I don't know about bluetooth itself but older USB ports could only transmit or receive ...ie they ran half duplex. This doesn't really matter in real world applications because it can switch back and forth very quickly.

VERSION_1583

Commendable
May 7, 2021
Thank you for your reply. Here is my rephrased question: 'Will a USB Adaptor allow me to connect to my wireless headphone to be used as both speaker and mic for zoom meetings?'

This is because the USB device I found had a single mic/speaker wire, when my PC have two separate slot for both the speaker and mic, meaning that I will need two wire for the mic and speaker for a wired headphone.

I was wondering whether a USB adaptor for my wireless earphone would be preferable to a earphone splitter that can allow me to connect to both speaker and mic.

So you plan to use your "wireless" headset with wires.

I thought you likely had a bluetooth headset and all you needed was a bluetooth adapter.

So you now want to plug the headset into some box that converts wired headphones to bluetooth and then use a bluetooth adapter on the pc to talk to this other box.

I know they make device you can plug a headset into that will in effect conver it into a wireless bluetooth headset. It is not very common since it tends to be easier to just buy a bluetooth headset.

VERSION_1583

Commendable
May 7, 2021
  • Not really, I have two 'headsets'. One wired earphones, and one wireless.
  • I use the wireless for my phone because it has Bluetooth and more convient.
  • As for the wired earphones, I use it for my PC because it doesn't have bluetooth for wireless.
  • What I wanted is to be able to activate my 'mic' feature on my PC, but I can't do that since my PC have two earphone slots: one for speaker and one for mic.
  • My wired earphone only has one Male-Plug, so I can only use it for the speaker-slot but not mic-slot.
  • I was wondering whether buying a Bluetooth adapter for my wireless earphone would be more convent than buying a earphone splitter for 1 male-plug to 2 male-plug :sweatsmile:

A standard bluetooth adapter will be able to work with a standard bluetooth headset for the mic. If you can use the headset you have on your phone with the mic, you can do the same thing with a bluetooth adapter. This one should work, but keep in mind in some rare cases bluetooth devices just won't pair with each-other https://www.amazon.com/TP-Link-Blue...DMP6T22/ref=pd_lpo_3?pd_rd_i=B09DMP6T22&psc=1

You can also use your headset with a single cable on the PC with a simple 4 pole to dual 3 pole adapter cable.

Reactions: VERSION_1583
Solution

VERSION_1583

Commendable
May 7, 2021
With a properly made 4 to 3 pole adapter there should not be any degradation of audio. Maybe try another brand/model.
Maybe, but it could also have been my earphone mic being poor quality. I decided to just continue using the in-built speaker of my new webcam that I brought from Wilko. I used a voucher so it costed me £0 :p