Question USB-C 25w Fast Charging on PC + Wireless Charging etc ?

Dylan Beckett

Respectable
Jul 12, 2021
Hello

I have a new Samsung A33 android phone which can do 25W Fast Charge with the official charger via a USB-C cable....

However, I am wondering if it does the same fast speed/max power via USB-C to the PC Tower too (as that might be more convenient for me) [See sig for details] ?

Can I do the same thing with the PC Off, but still receiving power? And if so, would it still be the full fast charge or half speed?

BTW this is for Win 11, but I put this here as most things are the same for Win 10.

If I want to use an extender cable for the USB-C, or more likely buy a new much longer one... is there a max size you can get before it stops being the full 25w Fast Charge? Or if it is longer than that, do you just need to get a cable with built in amplifier things (what?).

I also have an MSI Optix MAG274QRF-QD Monitor which has USB-C built into the USB Hub on the Monitor itself... so same question - will I get the full 25w Fast Charge if I plug it into that too (as opposed to the PC Tower or Charger?)

I'm also curious - I've never used Wireless Charging Pads; I plan on getting one with one of those Wireless Tags you slip in the Phone Cover... Can they do the full 25w Fast Charge?

And if I want a Wireless Charging Pad that will do multiple things at once - e.g., something like a pair of True Wireless Ear Buds (either WH-1000XM4 Wireless Noise Cancelling Headphones, Sennheiser MOMENTUM True Wireless 3, or Bose QuietComfort Earbuds II) AND my phone at the same time - do I simply need to add up the max power listed for each item/items charger and make sure I get a Wireless Charging Pad with that min amount...

E.g. if both items were 25w Fast Charge then should I just get 50w minimum Wireless Charging Pad or should you add some extra headroom like you would when buying a PSU and get 75w or 100w? (Again, made up numbers - no idea what I'm talking about there)

And when you charge more than one item at once - do they all still charge full on fast or are they super slow?
Not sure how that works re is there a term like MIMO that has to do with charging multiple items at once etc that I should look up ?

BTW I would love some advice on buying the right Wireless Charging Tag thing for my phone and Wireless Charging Pad?
Tips, do's, don'ts etc, I have no idea what are good brands to look for; for either, or what to get?

Thank for your help

Last edited:

kanewolf

Titan
Hello

I have a new Samsung A33 android phone which can do 25W Fast Charge with the official charger via a USB-C cable....

However, I am wondering if it does the same fast speed/max power via USB-C to the PC Tower too (as that might be more convenient for me) [See sig for details] ?

Can I do the same thing with the PC Off, but still receiving power? And if so, would it still be the full fast charge or half speed?

BTW this is for Win 11, but I put this here as most things are the same for Win 10.

If I want to use an extender cable for the USB-C, or more likely buy a new much longer one... is there a max size you can get before it stops being the full 25w Fast Charge? Or if it is longer than that, do you just need to get a cable with built in amplifier things (what?).

I also have an MSI Optix MAG274QRF-QD Monitor which has USB-C built into the USB Hub on the Monitor itself... so same question - will I get the full 25w Fast Charge if I plug it into that too (as opposed to the PC Tower or Charger?)

I'm also curious - I've never used Wireless Charging Pads; I plan on getting one with one of those Wireless Tags you slip in the Phone Cover... Can they do the full 25w Fast Charge?

And if I want a Wireless Charging Pad that will do multiple things at once - e.g., something like a pair of True Wireless Ear Buds (either WH-1000XM4 Wireless Noise Cancelling Headphones, Sennheiser MOMENTUM True Wireless 3, or Bose QuietComfort Earbuds II) AND my phone at the same time - do I simply need to add up the max power listed for each item/items charger and make sure I get a Wireless Charging Pad with that min amount...

E.g. if both items were 25w Fast Charge then should I just get 50w minimum Wireless Charging Pad or should you add some extra headroom like you would when buying a PSU and get 75w or 100w? (Again, made up numbers - no idea what I'm talking about there)

And when you charge more than one item at once - do they all still charge full on fast or are they super slow?
Not sure how that works re is there a term like MIMO that has to do with charging multiple items at once etc that I should look up ?

BTW I would love some advice on buying the right Wireless Charging Tag thing for my phone and Wireless Charging Pad?
Tips, do's, don'ts etc, I have no idea what are good brands to look for; for either, or what to get?

Thank for your help
Fast charging is a function of the power source. What do the user's manuals for your monitor and your motherboard say?