USB-C headphones with a 3.55 jack

Tonije

Reputable
Feb 11, 2016
So I've got these brand new Mi ANC Type C earbuds(Someone got them free with their phone and didn't need them so they gave it to me) and the problem is, my phone is a micro usb. My phone also has a 3.55mm jack and with all my searching around the net about usb-c(female) to 3.55(male) had no results, I turned to here to ask if it's possible.
Thanks in advance!

Spaceghaze

Reputable
Oct 17, 2019
Think that will be hard to find, since you would need an adapter that converts analog signal to a digital. Then the signal would be converted again back to analog after passing by the "microphone-dongle" on the earbuds.

Tonije

Reputable
Feb 11, 2016
Think that will be hard to find, since you would need an adapter that converts analog signal to a digital. Then the signal would be converted again back to analog after passing by the "microphone-dongle" on the earbuds.
Oh ok, but is ti possible to use a simple usb c to usb micro adapter? Will it work that way?

There is no "simple analogue 3.5mm to digital USB" adapter. Such an adapter would need pretty advanced microcontroller inside to support the USB protocol.

You might try finding an USB OTG adapter to plug these headphones directly into your phone' USB port.

Reactions: Spaceghaze

Spaceghaze

Reputable
Oct 17, 2019
Oh ok, but is ti possible to use a simple usb c to usb micro adapter? Will it work that way?

Like @Alabalcho all ready wrote, your best bet would be to try a USB-C to micro USB adapter that has OTG support.

Something like this:

images

But it might not help, if the phone does not support audio trough usb.

testsubject2575

Reputable
Dec 26, 2019
Headphone jack to USB-C is possible, but not the other way around without using any digital to analog converter. Better if you use an USB OTG adapter if your phone supports USB OTG.