Question Usb-c to DisplayPort no signal

Etinbeau

Commendable
Jul 25, 2020
Hello.

Recently I purchased a monitor called G-story 15.6in and it runs 165hz. I also have a gigabyte 2070 super oc that has display port options in the back. However the g-story has only usb-c and when I used a usb-c to display port cable, I wasn’t able to get my pc to pick up the display. Is there a reason why my computer doesn’t recognize the monitor? The monitor works when I connect a usb-c to usb-c onto my phone. And when I’m using my pc to monitor I have to use hdmi and it works fine, I just cant seem to get the display port to work. is it maybe a bad wire or could it be my video card doesn’t support usb-c to displayPort? Also what is usb-c to DisplayPort alt mode? Some cables I saw said this and some didn’t.

i guess another question would be, is there a way to connect a usb-c monitor to a pc with a DisplayPort?

Last edited:

Etinbeau

Commendable
Jul 25, 2020
I've been looking everywhere for a cable that does it at 144hz but so far all I'm seeing are ones at 60hz. Is there a term I should be looking up? Or is there an adapter that goes from displayport pc to usbc monitor?

I've been looking everywhere for a cable that does it at 144hz but so far all I'm seeing are ones at 60hz. Is there a term I should be looking up? Or is there an adapter that goes from displayport pc to usbc monitor?

Looking up this monitor online it seems to be only 60hz not 165. As far as a specific adapter I don't know. Most people simply use a free USB 3 port on their computer to use USB displays. Also looking at these specis it appears to have an HDMI input, and a DP to HDMI adapter would be far easier to find.

https://drop.com/buy/g-story-15-6-uhd-portable-gaming-monitor/details#details

Etinbeau

Commendable
Jul 25, 2020
there Is a newer version that is a 165hz but it does have mini HDMI and 2 usb-c ports. The problem i noticed using usb and HDMI is you are only getting 60hz using those options, but the reason i purchased the monitor was for the 144 to165 options in the description of the item. G-story GSV56QM i believe is the new one