[SOLVED] USB Controller Resources Exceeded

Dec 3, 2021
Hello! I just recently purchased/installed a new mobo, CPU, and Power Supply, but anytime I go to use my Corsair Virtuoso RGB Headset Wired on my case USB 2.0 ports in the front, I get a "USB Controller Resources Exceeded" error. I have not ever gotten this error with my previous mobo.

After doing research it looks like people hit this issue with alot of devices connected. I currently have a keyboard(HyperX Alloy Core RGB Membrane) and a mouse(SteelSeries SENSEI 310) connected to the USB 2.0 ports on the back, nothing else USB wise.

It only seems to throw this error if im using my headset Wired. It will either let me hear audio or use my microphone, but not both. Trying to do both(using Voice Recorder and adjusting volume in Volume Mixer) reliably gives the error. Tested in Discord and I can either hear people in channel or have my mic work, not both

Going wireless with the USB dongle in the same exact USB port has no issues. Tried a different USB headset(Microsoft Lifechat LX-3000) and had no issues with same USB port. Headset worked just fine before hardware change

Heres my computer specs:
CASE: CoolerMaster HAF 922
CPU: Intel i7-11700k
Mobo: Asus Z590-P
PSU: Corsair RM (2019) 850 W 80+ Gold
RAM: G.Skill Ripjaws V Series 16 GB (2 x 8 GB)
OS: Windows 10 64 Bit (Fresh install as of last night, Windows Update run fully).

At this point I am at a loss, please let me know if I can provide any extra info to help.

Solution
FIXED MY ISSUE! Turns out my microphone and earphones were trying to use Studio Quality maxed out 24 bit as the default format, which would explain why my poor front USB was dying trying to keep up. Reducing these down fixed my issue immediately.

To anyone else having my issue, try right clicking the sound icon on your taskbar > Sounds > Right click your Headset/Microphone > Properties > Advanced > click dropdown under Default Format. Lower this down.
Dec 3, 2021
FIXED MY ISSUE! Turns out my microphone and earphones were trying to use Studio Quality maxed out 24 bit as the default format, which would explain why my poor front USB was dying trying to keep up. Reducing these down fixed my issue immediately.

To anyone else having my issue, try right clicking the sound icon on your taskbar > Sounds > Right click your Headset/Microphone > Properties > Advanced > click dropdown under Default Format. Lower this down.

Solution