wurstnight

Distinguished
Jun 2, 2016
Every 2-10 seconds, my cursor will suddenly stutter for a few seconds. I've tried reinstalling drivers, different USB ports, different cables for the dongle, and even tried a different mouse, which leads me to believe this is a software or internal hardware issue. I'm not sure where to even start aside from a clean windows install, but I'd like to avoid that route if at all possible.

Another issue I thought was unrelated, but realized frequently happens at the same time is my headphones will become robotic, and it tends to happen at the same time as when my mouse starts stuttering. I usually just have to wait a few seconds and it returns to normal, but sometimes have to unplug and replug in my DAC.

Some info about my system:
Mouse: Steelseries Aerox 9 wireless
Headset: Steelseries Arctis Nova Pro Wireless
Intel I7-13700KF
PNY RTX 3070ti
Gigabyte Z790 UD AC
x2 16GB TForce Delta 3600 MT/S DDR5
Samsung 1TB M.2

If I missed any relevant information, please let me know and I'll update as soon as possible.

Lutfij

Titan
What OS are you working with?

BIOS version for your motherboard at this moment of time? Make and model of your PSU and it's age? You could try and reinstall your chipset drivers for your platform in an elevated command, i.e, Right click installer>Run as Administrator.

wurstnight

Distinguished
Jun 2, 2016
I'm running Windows 11.

Not sure what BIOS version I'm running, but I do know I keep it up to date with Gigabyte Control Center.

PSU is High Power 850w 80+ gold.

I'll try doing what you recommended with the chipset drivers after work tomorrow. Thanks for the tip!

I'm running Windows 11.

Not sure what BIOS version I'm running, but I do know I keep it up to date with Gigabyte Control Center.

PSU is High Power 850w 80+ gold.

I'll try doing what you recommended with the chipset drivers after work tomorrow. Thanks for the tip!
Have you opened the Device Manager app and checked the Properties, Power Management tab for every device to ensure that the option "Allow the computer to turn off this device" is UNchecked? Also have you checked the Control Panel Power Options to ensure that the USB Selective Suspend option is Disabled?

wurstnight

Distinguished
Jun 2, 2016
Have you opened the Device Manager app and checked the Properties, Power Management tab for every device to ensure that the option "Allow the computer to turn off this device" is UNchecked? Also have you checked the Control Panel Power Options to ensure that the USB Selective Suspend option is Disabled?
This seems to have reduced the frequency of the problem, but it still occurs every minute or so.