Question USB Disconnect followed by pc blackscreen restart.

Jun 3, 2023
Hello everybody,

Around a week ago i upgraded my pc with a B550-f mobo, an RTX 3070 GPU and a AMD ryzen 7 5700G CPU.
The PC ran fine the first day then i started to have issues while playing games which came in the form of USB disconnect sounds (presumably from my water cooler) and my audio cutting out completely for around 10-20 seconds and after a very inconsistent time frame the pc would completely black screen and restart itself.

System specs
AMD ryzen 7 5700G
RTX 3070 8GB
Asus ROG Strix B550-F gaming
4x G.skill tridentZ 8gb 3200Mhz
Corsair H115i platinum
1 M.2 drive
1 SSD
1 HDD
Corsair RM1000e PSU

What I've tried
* Bought a new PSU (The one inte the specs. Originally a 750W PSU that was around 3-4 years old)
* Reinstalled graphics card drivers
*Updated BIOS
*Reinstalled USB drivers
*tried sysscan
*tried chkdsk
*And other things that i can't remember as of writing this post.

Other details
I was unable to recreate the symptoms when benchmarking using occt, Cinebench, Asus Furmark, 3DMarl.
The only way i could recreate these issues is by playing a resource heavy game like Hogwarts legacy or monster hunter world (Apex legends also had issues but they were resolved upon decreasing my graphic settings)
I'm also pretty sure it also cannot be a thermal issue as the Gpu never exceeds 75C and the CPU stays at around 50C under load

I'm really at my wits end with this issue and have been troubleshooting for days without making progress.

Thanks in advance!

Last edited:

Lutfij

Titan
Welcome to the forums, newcomer!

Around a week ago i upgraded my pc with a B550-f mobo, an RTX 3070 GPU and a AMD ryzen 7 5700G CPU.
What platform/specs were you working with prior to the upgrade? Did you reinstall the OS after your platform migration?

Jun 3, 2023
The Specs i used before the upgrade were a b350-f mobo, a GTX 1070 GPU and a AMD ryzen 5 1600x CPU. Ram was also upgraded earlier from 2x8gb 2666 Mhz G.skill Tridentz.
Windows was reinstalled when switching parts