USB flash drive Continuously Blinking RED light?

Brandon Braswell

Honorable
Dec 11, 2013
My 8GB USB flash drive is plugged into my computer. All it is doing is continuously blinking a red light. On my computer, it says that the drive is installed. When I try to click on Removable Disk (F:), it says "F:/ is not accessible. The file or directory is corrupted and unreadable"

Any other flash drive I plug into the computer is working just fine. I have some important files on it and can't afford to lose them.

I thought that it was just reading the drive but i don't know since it has been flashing for about 6 or 7 minutes already.

Any Help Please?

Jared485

Honorable
Jan 6, 2013
Try using you anti-virus and scanning the drive, your computer may not allow you to access it if it contains a virus that could harm your computer.

Same type of thing happened to a usb drive of mine previously, i have no idea how the virus got on the drive since it was just used for papers and stuff for school. and it basically just locked up and never figured out how to restore or recover the files. When i scanned it it said a virus had been found and quarantined t the usb drive itself