USB flash via Network cable

Hamazof

Commendable
Sep 23, 2016
i need to connect my USB flash to my PC, but via network cable, how is that possible, i tried Linksys USB3GIG, but not working

please advice me

Solution
It depends how far you need to go. To actually convert a USB drive to run over network you need a device that makes it look like a NAS. Many routers have that function but they also make small nas devices that with just a USB port and ethernet port. It seems the most popular way is to use a raspberry pi to do this but I am unsure how well it really works.

The limits on usb cable is about 15ft even less if you are using usb3. There are a number of solution that try to use physical ethernet cable to extend the distance but they are more designed for things that need low transfer rates like a printer. They also have trouble providing power. There are a number of USB hub type of devices that try to extend but in your case it...
It depends how far you need to go. To actually convert a USB drive to run over network you need a device that makes it look like a NAS. Many routers have that function but they also make small nas devices that with just a USB port and ethernet port. It seems the most popular way is to use a raspberry pi to do this but I am unsure how well it really works.

The limits on usb cable is about 15ft even less if you are using usb3. There are a number of solution that try to use physical ethernet cable to extend the distance but they are more designed for things that need low transfer rates like a printer. They also have trouble providing power. There are a number of USB hub type of devices that try to extend but in your case it will be cheaper to buy a small NAS.

Solution