[SOLVED] USB Headset

Jan 11, 2020
Hey guys. I used to play in laptop and my 3.mm jack headset worked fine. ( audio plus mic) Ive switched to pc, and noticed my pc doesn't read the 3.mm both sound and mic. It can only read one at a time. I know why this is. I now have to buy a new headset. My question is: Do usb headsets work with both mic and sound? Will my pc read the mic and the sound? I don't want to buy an external mic as it's inconvenient for me. Feel free to tell me any other solution. ( expect from the splitter)

On my xperia headphone/mic I used to be able to plug in the headset and it would cancel out the speakers.
Since windows update altered the sound settings layout this does not happen.
You may have to open sound settings and look for the pull down tab for sound output .
TIP..... my pc's usb socket is a tight fit so to make sure I don't push the mounting panel into the case and break it I put a very short usb cable into one of the sockets on my pc then connect my headset to that.

Jan 11, 2020
On my xperia headphone/mic I used to be able to plug in the headset and it would cancel out the speakers.
Since windows update altered the sound settings layout this does not happen.
You may have to open sound settings and look for the pull down tab for sound output .
TIP..... my pc's usb socket is a tight fit so to make sure I don't push the mounting panel into the case and break it I put a very short usb cable into one of the sockets on my pc then connect my headset to that.

Thanks for the tip!