USB Keyboard and Mouse not working

FunkaRoos

Reputable
Apr 14, 2015
Hello, Suddenly I'm have troubles with my keyboard and mouse not working in windows, I've been trying everything I can find but none of it's working. They work in the Uefi bios, and about halfway through loading windows all USB deceives get turned off even in safe mode. Any help is greatly appreciated, I can provide specs if necessary.

Electonic

Honorable
Mar 10, 2014
Hello FunkaRoos.
First, what is the make and model of your keyboard and mouse? I'll need that info for more troubleshooting. As it is, you might have problems with the drivers for those two. Assuming you are runnign Win 8, you need to go to Control Panel>Hardware and Sound>Devices And Printers. Then, double click your keyboard/mouse on the screen. A page should pop up desribing your item selected. At the top of the window, change to the Hardware tab. Once there, on the bottom right of the page there should be a clickable button called "properties". Click that, and select the drivers tab at the top of the page. If possible, select update driver. If not possible, uninstall, then unplug and plug your mouse/keyboard back into your PC. Good Luck.
Electonic

FunkaRoos

Reputable
Apr 14, 2015

The keyboard is a CM Storm Trigger Z, the mouse is a Logitech G602. As of right now I cant even get into my system because I cant type my password, I've also tried booting into safe mode but no luck there either. Also I've tried what others have suggested with the BIOS and I made sure Legacy Support in my USB Config is Enabled and I've tried enabling/disabling xHCI, again no luck there.