Question USB Mouse & keyboard non functional

SaltyPicklays

Prominent
Jun 25, 2020
Last night I shut down my PC, everything working fine. Today, I start it up, and my mouse and keyboard are non functional once windows boots.

I have checked that my USB ports are on in the BIOS, I have tried swapping the port which they are plugged into (I've also tested the ports they are plugged into are functional) and I know that both my mouse and keyboard are not faulty.

As far as I can tell, windows automatically updated once I restarted my computer this morning, installing windows version 20h2, which I can only imagine is incompatible with the drivers currently installed with my keyboard and mouse.

I've currently tried everything I can think of doing to resolve this issue, any help would be appreciated.

xxxbabyxxx

Reputable
Dec 4, 2020
Restart your PC, Spam/keep pressing "delete" key to enter your bios.

Try "Load Optimized Defaults" or similar in your BIOS, save & exit then restart, (might have to try it twice sometimes) and see if that works.

Happens to me sometimes when my shutdown wasn't properly done or incase of an outage.

SaltyPicklays

Prominent
Jun 25, 2020
Restart your PC, Spam/keep pressing "delete" key to enter your bios.

Try "Load Optimized Defaults" or similar in your BIOS, save & exit then restart, (might have to try it twice sometimes) and see if that works.

Happens to me sometimes when my shutdown wasn't properly done or incase of an outage.
Sadly, I've already tried that, multiple times. It's a problem with windows, not my BIOS.

My keyboard and mouse turn off, not after POST, but once windows starts. They'll work when I go into the windows troubleshooting screen, but once I go into safe mode they stop working.

I suppose my question is really, how can I revert a windows version without the ability to use my keyboard and mouse. I tried looking if there was a CMD prompt I could enter but wasn't able to find one.