USB mouse light stays on after shutdown, can't find anything in bios.

zanesix

Reputable
Aug 12, 2015
I have spent days, looking online and trying to find some way to turn off this huge bright light when I go to sleep.

As I said in the title, I have not seen anything relating to turning off USB ports in my bios. The closest I could find was this "Deep Sleep" option in my Advanced>Chipset Settings I think it was.

My motherboard is an Asrock H97M Anniversary. If anyone could find the manual and take a look through it to see how this could be done, that would be great! I have already tried multiple places on reddit and none of them have responded.

Any help would be STRONGLY appreciated!

zanesix

Reputable
Aug 12, 2015

Holy crap, that was hell you just gave me. I put deep sleep on at S3 and S4 I think it was, and it made my PC unbootable to where I had to use the jumper to reset the CEMOS or whatever it's called. So, yes it turns it off but then it makes my PC unbootable. So... Yeah...

No hard feeling though, it wasn't your fault.

zanesix

Reputable
Aug 12, 2015

Well, thats what I did last night, but I was worried that it would damage the PSU from turning it on and off all the time. I may just resort to putting something over it, I'm running out of options.

That shouldn't happen at all. Sounds like there may be bigger issues with your PC than just the mouse light staying on.

zanesix

Reputable
Aug 12, 2015

My first thought was that I am running Windows 10, so it may not be compatible with that feature. I haven't noticed anything weird lately, so I doubt it.