Question USB mouse stutters (or just stops working) ?

icosmintf2

Commendable
Jan 2, 2019
So I bought a new laptop,installed windows 10 and my usb mouse keeps stuttering when im moving it around,its like it literally stops working ,I have tried everything from drivers to changing every mouse option and ports battery management.The thing is the stutter is less common when im playing games,like every 4-5 minutes,unlike on desktop when its every 5-10 seconds.And also my wireless mouse works perfectly.I dont know what to do as the wireless mouse isnt made for playing games so please help?

Lutfij

Titan
Welcome to the forums, newcomer!

Where did you source the installer for Windows 10 from? Make and model of your laptop? Might want to see if your laptop has any BIOS updates pending. If you have a number of BISO versions to update, don't jump to the latest, instead gradually work your way to the latest. As a side note, what is the make and model of the mouse? Mouse pad?

icosmintf2

Commendable
Jan 2, 2019
Welcome to the forums, newcomer!

Where did you source the installer for Windows 10 from? Make and model of your laptop? Might want to see if your laptop has any BIOS updates pending. If you have a number of BISO versions to update, don't jump to the latest, instead gradually work your way to the latest. As a side note, what is the make and model of the mouse? Mouse pad?
I dont quite understand the first question,as for the others:The laptop is a lenovo ideapad 3 15ACH6,i also have no idea how to update the bios,and the mouse is a redragon M608,the mouse worked perfectly or,not perfectly sometimes,but it worked laglessly on my old pc