webby444

Honorable
Dec 1, 2012
Hi my new sabre tooth Z77 MB USB 2.0 ports will not fire up to install key board to get into bios have tried usb board, blue tooth board any suggestions? No PS2

the blue ports are the usb 3.0 ports the black ones are the usb 2.0 ports. does your keyboard blink when you turn on the system?? there are a few bios patches for usb devices for asus mb. use the usb flasdhback port and a usb stick and flash the newest bios onto your board. on another pc download the newest flash file and run the renamer program that comes with it. it rename the flash file z77st.cap copy the file onto the root of the usb stick. with the system off plug the usb stick into the usb flashback port. (blue usb port on the bottom of the mb under the ethernet port). press and hold for a few sec the usb flashback port. it should start blinking and reading your usb stick. when it stop blinking and light goes out unplug the usb stick and power the system on. the first post after a usb stick update the screen will stay dark for a min or two and you see a message rebuilding the cmos file. when it done the mb will reboot and the asus splash screen will show up. one thing i would check is that the i\o shield fingers are not shorting out the usb ports.