USB port issue after installing mobo drivers

jnow024

Prominent
Sep 26, 2017
I installed my new motherboard ASRock z370 Fatality K6 couple of days ago in my pc with a 8600k, 1070Ti. I was running my pc with old drivers still installed from previous MSI Z370 motherboard and it was working fine but I did a windows reinstall just to be safe. After installing windows and downloading ASRock drivers, my PC aio and case fans weren't turning off after shut down, they would go off after turning off psu but light up after turning on PSU without pressing power key. I did a complete windows reinstall thinking it was a driver issue but that didn't fix it either.

When PC was in that off but fans running state, I started removing USB ports and surprisingly removing my keyboard's second usb turned off the fans, I turned on the pc but that port wasn't working anymore and port below that wasn't either. They don't work in BIOS or windows, according to manual they are 2 of the 4 intel chipset USBs, I have tried uninstalling usb drivers, loading default UEFI, my BIOS is the latest version.

These ports were working fine before windows reinstall and case fans were turning off too. Also, these 2 ports have special note in manual if that means anything: "ACPI function is not supported on USB3_34 ports" Other than this issue, everything is working correctly.
5b72e3992f6c5_z370k6.jpg.2312d3f99f662606f2d67e8a10dfe551.jpg

Lutfij

Titan
See if you have any BIOS updates pending for your new board. If you've reinstalled your OS after recreating it using Windows Media Creation Tool, then you've ruled out a corrupt installer. Ideally you should place your keyboard/mouse on the ports located just under your PS/2 connector. See if that helps.

jnow024

Prominent
Sep 26, 2017

There's no new BIOS updates, I updated the BIOS few hours after getting the board but before windows reinstall, I have dual BIOS on this board if that would be any help. Plugged mouse and keyboard in those 2 ports but the bottom still aren't working. Also these 2 ports are getting power without pressing power button.

Update: I got the ports to work but only in this one specific situation, when I plug in my keyboard's second usb in one port and my usb 3.0 hard disk in second port, both of them work. I tried different things like mouse, pen drive in the first port but then both of them stop working. Don't know if this is normal but all usb ports are getting power without pressing the power button.