Question USB port power surge

Draguni

Distinguished
Nov 24, 2014
Hey, I know that there are some articles about this already but feel like mine is a bit different. I guess something is damaged inside? I took my PC to my friends for a weekend and after a while of playing games, I was noted that my USB ports didn't give enough power. I had my Corsair K70 keyboard, Cloud 2 headphones and Zowie EC1-C mouse plugged to my mobo. Plugging mouse to the front of the case was a work-around for this. Back home I did some driver updating and tried checking all the connections inside the PC and plugged the KB, mouse and headphones to mobo and everything was working just fine. Until I played some BF4. Again after a while of playing I got the same error. Same work-around. I did try it with a different mouse but same thing happened. All the parts are fairly new, about year and a half.
My build:
Ryzen 5 5600x with Noctua NH-U12s
RTX 3070 dual oc
Asus Prime B550 plus
Asus rog strix 750w
Corsair 2x8gb DDR4 3200mhz
Intel 1tb ssd m.2
samsung 500gb ssd

I've seen ppl recommend self-powered usb hubs but would be nice to know what is the issue here

Lutfij

Titan
Can you please state the age of the PSU in your build? As for your build, what BIOS version are you on for your motherboard? Might want to see if the same issue crops up when idling and taxed(with a game or benchmarking) after you've sourced a donor PSU from a friend or neighbor, who owns a reliably built, 650W, branded PSU(akin to the Asus/Seasonic unit you have).

Draguni

Distinguished
Nov 24, 2014
Can you please state the age of the PSU in your build? As for your build, what BIOS version are you on for your motherboard? Might want to see if the same issue crops up when idling and taxed(with a game or benchmarking) after you've sourced a donor PSU from a friend or neighbor, who owns a reliably built, 650W, branded PSU(akin to the Asus/Seasonic unit you have).
As I said all the parts are year-year and a half old. BIOS version 1804. Will have to do some digging around but I am a bit uncertain that I will find a donor PSU unless I buy a new one.
Right now I dont have any issues when idling or oddly when I ran 3Dmarks Time Spy stress test, only when actually using mouse and kb while playing games..