Question USB ports and monitors dropping out on Asrock B550m itx/ac ?

Feb 6, 2022
This morning I was hearing static in out of my Soundblaster X G6 while watching a Youtube video. This is not a particularly uncommon occurrence, and resetting it usually fixes the problem however when I reset it this time it stopped being recognized by my computer so I restarted my computer and when I started my computer back up it started working again.

After a few minutes the real problem started. I had resumed watching Youtube and then the audio dropped out entirely the video played for a few more seconds before stopping by itself as if it had lost connection to the internet. I then attempted to adjust the Windows audio slider to see if I could hear the tone it plays when the volume is adjusted but the volume sider wouldn't even move. After a few seconds of this the audio came back, after a few more minutes it happened again. The second time I realized that it was taking out my keyboard and webcam with it.

I unplugged the Soundblaster as I figured it had just died and plugged my headphones into the onboard audio and after a short period of time I saw the light come on on my webcam indicating that it had reset. I hit a button on my keyboard and nothing happened the whole time never hearing the usb disconnect sound. Also my right monitor started randomly going black.

I tried resetting CMOS which seemed to work but my left monitor would occasionally cut out. While working on my homework an hour ago the usb started dropping out again as well as both monitors much more often then before. I then got my laptop out to try and figure out what was going on and stopped paying attention to my monitors. Now most of the usb ports don't work at all the, monitors keep cutting out, the ethernet has cut out, and my hard drive is pegged at 100% usage while doing nothing.

I am not really sure what to do at this point and most parts of the system with the exception of the mouse are unresponsive. Has anyone else experienced similar behaviors or know what to do?