[SOLVED] Usb ports don't work after clean installation of windows 10

Jan 12, 2020
So my pc started running slow lately. I did some research and many sites said that i needed a clean install of windows 10. I did it, and it is a lot faster, except the usb ports don't work anymore. I have one of those old ps/2 or something keyboard with those purple ports, it works fine, i was able to log in and control the cursor with the numpad. I knew it was a problem with the usb drivers, so i installed Driver Booster. I scanned the drivers, but all it did was update game components. Nothing happened to the usb drivers. Can someone help me please

Solution
Go here https://www.asus.com/us/Motherboards/P5B/HelpDesk_Download/

select your OS (you might have to use the Win7 64 ones) and then download and install the Chipset driver version Version 9.1.1.1019

After installing and rebooting you should be good to go.

*I edited the above to remove the JMicron driver...it didn't sound like you needed it...the JMicron driver is for additional SATA ports on the motherboard in case you had an issue in the future. Just the chipset driver should resolve your usb issue.
So my pc started running slow lately. I did some research and many sites said that i needed a clean install of windows 10. I did it, and it is a lot faster, except the usb ports don't work anymore. I have one of those old ps/2 or something keyboard with those purple ports, it works fine, i was able to log in and control the cursor with the numpad. I knew it was a problem with the usb drivers, so i installed Driver Booster. I scanned the drivers, but all it did was update game components. Nothing happened to the usb drivers. Can someone help me please

Have you loaded the motherboard chipset drivers ? Windows only loads a generic set of drivers for basic system use. To unlock all of the hardware on your motherboard like USB ports you need to install the chipset drivers provided on the motherboard makers website...usually found under the Support tab.

Jan 12, 2020
Have you loaded the motherboard chipset drivers ? Windows only loads a generic set of drivers for basic system use. To unlock all of the hardware on your motherboard like USB ports you need to install the chipset drivers provided on the motherboard makers website...usually found under the Support tab.
My mouse and keyboard with usb ports do work in the BIOS, but once i reach the windows loading screen, they stop working. Can you please explain what chipset drivers are and give a download link? (Asus P5B)
Thanks

Jan 12, 2020
Btw my speakers are USB powered and they work fine, i plugged in a usb, and it worked too. It's just my keyboard and mouse that don't work anymore

Jan 12, 2020
I went to that one driver center and found 4 usb controllers with a yellow caution sign. I open them and it says that i need to reinstall the driver (code 18) i reinstall them, then an error message pops up. I can't translate it since it has difficult words in it

Go here https://www.asus.com/us/Motherboards/P5B/HelpDesk_Download/

select your OS (you might have to use the Win7 64 ones) and then download and install the Chipset driver version Version 9.1.1.1019

After installing and rebooting you should be good to go.

*I edited the above to remove the JMicron driver...it didn't sound like you needed it...the JMicron driver is for additional SATA ports on the motherboard in case you had an issue in the future. Just the chipset driver should resolve your usb issue.

Last edited:
Solution