Question USB ports not working on new motherboard, and monitor says "no signal" ?

Apr 16, 2024
I got a new motherboard and my PC is out of it's case, sitting on an anti-static bag.
The USB ports don’t work, my keyboard and mouse don’t light up, and it says "no signal" on my monitor. Everything lights up and all the fans spin.

Apr 16, 2024
I3 10105f
RTX 3070 ti
Gigabyte b560n dsh3
Everything is lighting up and the fans spin, and I think my usb ports work because I charged my vape with it but my keyboard or mouse doesn’t light up when I plug them in. But I’m still getting a no signal display on my monitor can you help me?

Apr 16, 2024
was this system working before of this new motherboard?
Yes and no, it was but then my dog spilled a little bit of water on it (my pc is out of case I know it’s dumb but money is tight), it wouldn’t power on so I got a new motherboard thinking that’s what was damaged. Now it turns on but I’m getting a no display signal, so I’m guessing it’s either the ram, GPU is fried, or I can try a DP cable but I’ll have to wait until Friday. If neither of those work I’m assuming some water got into my GPU and fried it.

Mod Edit: Do you think this is a good theory? I mean I’ve tried reseating my ram, plugging the hdmi into my motherboard, resetting cmos battery etc. none of that stuff worked.

RaidHobbit

Distinguished
Jun 19, 2014
I3 10105f
RTX 3070 ti
Gigabyte b560n dsh3
Everything is lighting up and the fans spin, and I think my USB ports work because I charged my vape with it but my keyboard or mouse doesn’t light up when I plug them in. But I’m still getting a no signal display on my monitor can you help me?
Please check your motherboard schematics to ensure you have connected your USB sockets correctly. That should get your things lighting up.

Please enter your bios and checked your settings for graphics. You may have your machine set to integrated graphics with your GPU disabled.

If that doesn`t fix it, boot up using integrated graphics, navigate to your device manager, and check if your GPU shows. If it doesn`t show there is no power to it, or the PCI socket isn`t working.

If it does show is there an error code with it?

Apr 16, 2024
Please check your motherboard schematics to ensure you have connected your USB sockets correctly. That should get your things lighting up.

Please enter your bios and checked your settings for graphics. You may have your machine set to integrated graphics with your GPU disabled.

If that doesn`t fix it, boot up using integrated graphics, navigate to your device manager, and check if your GPU shows. If it doesn`t show there is no power to it, or the PCI socket isn`t working.

If it does show is there an error code with it?
I don’t have any integrated graphics unfortunately, also how can I boot into bios if there’s no display?

RaidHobbit

Distinguished
Jun 19, 2014
Yes and no, it was but then my dog spilled a little bit of water on it (my pc is out of case I know it’s dumb but money is tight), it wouldn’t power on so I got a new motherboard thinking that’s what was damaged. Now it turns on but I’m getting a no display signal, so I’m guessing it’s either the ram, GPU is fried, or I can try a DP cable but I’ll have to wait until Friday. If neither of those work I’m assuming some water got into my GPU and fried it
Ah, a spillage, makes sense.

Can you put your GPU somewhere warm for an afternoon to ensure its dried out inside? If might save it, but it might be RIP.

Apr 16, 2024
Ah, a spillage, makes sense.

Can you put your GPU somewhere warm for an afternoon to ensure its dried out inside? If might save it, but it might be RIP.
Yeah but I don’t actually know if the GPU actually got damaged or not it could be the ram or something that’s the headache with PCs you can’t just test certain parts out you have to buy a whole new PC and I think that’s what I’m going to ultimately end up doing

RaidHobbit

Distinguished
Jun 19, 2014
Yeah but I don’t actually know if the GPU actually got damaged or not it could be the ram or something that’s the headache with PCs you can’t just test certain parts out you have to buy a whole new PC and I think that’s what I’m going to ultimately end up doing
Can you LAN it to another computer or laptop or windows device?

Where did you get your GPU from and how old is it?