USB Problem - Keeps Randomly Disconnecting

Status
Not open for further replies.
Mar 10, 2018
Hi guys, so for the past few weeks I've been having an extremely wierd problem. It started roughly around 15 days ago. My keyboard and mouse randomly disconnect and freeze, so I can not give the computer any input. However, I noticed this happens for all of my usb peripherals such as my headset and controller too.

The bizarre part is that the keyboard and mouse stay lit up (they are rgb) and all leds stay on on dongles and stuff. This means they continue to get power but are disconnected. And my pc screen does not freeze either. It just stops doing anything as if it stopped receiving input. The problem occurrs when I am gaming, but that is mostly all I do on the pc. In case the games matter, I play GTA V and Rainbow 6 Siege. To fix the problem I have to reboot.

This problem occurs very randomly and everything disconnects together and does not reconnect. The frequency can be from 10 minutes to a day or two but is extremely frustrating when it does happen. I have tried to resolve it by reinstalling drivers, removing hidden devices in the device manager which might be conflicting with the active ones, and removing overclocks. I have not been successful at all. I have tried my peripherals on my laptop and they all work which eliminates the hardware failure possibility.

I made my PC in November and it has worked fine for months without problems. It started when I installed the discord app on my pc in February, and I thought it had to do with that, so I uninstalled it but with no success. My PC is hardline cooled so the absolute last thing I want to do is uninstall or replace any hardware components.

My PC specs are:

Intel Core i7 6850k (o.c. 4.4ghz) MSI Godlike Gaming X99A EVGA 1200P2 MSI Gaming X GTX 1080 8G (x2 in SLI) G.Skill Ripjaw V 64gb (8x8) 3200 Cas16 Samsung 950 Pro 512gb (Boot Drive) Samsung 850 Evo 512gb (x3 Data Drive) Samsung 850 Evo 1tb (x2 Data Drive) WD Black 4 tb HDD (x2 Data Drive)

Peripherals:

Corsair K95 RGB Platinum Corsair MM800 Corsair Glaive RGB Xbox wireless adapter Turtlebeach Z300 Logitech G933 Rode NTUSB Asus ROG Spatha (I charge it through my pc)

If anyone can help, please do. All help is appreciated. I am extremely upset and frustrated with this issue and just want to get it fixed.

Mar 10, 2018
Thank you for the input endless, but I actually forgot to mention that I tried that already. I even disabled power limits for each device through the device manager. Thus, it is not a power problem because the lights and devices stay powered on. My keyboard even continues to rgb wave until I push a button and it just freezes thereafter. When my computer freezes, I can't plug in the devices again into the same ports, or any usb ports that are directly on the motherboard otherwise they don't even regain power sometimes nevertheless connect. However, I move my mouse and keyboard to regain control by plugging them into the front I/O ports on my case which are connected by a 19 pin header to the motherboard. When I regain control, the rgb restarts and the game I was playing crashes. The windows desktop then proceeds to act very glitchy as the volume control is frozen and can not be adjusted and any open apps crash. That inclines me to believe it is an OS repated problem. I am sorry I forgot to mention this earlier. I believe it is a very technical problem due to the lack of exact same problems being posted online. I am really sure that it's firmware based too. Again, any help is appreciated and extremely welcome, and I thank you for your time.

Status
Not open for further replies.