USB PROBLEM: SHORTCUT USB DRIVE..

mrxuh

Honorable
Feb 25, 2013
Hey guys.. I really need help with mu USB. I used my flash disk to another computer because i wanted my file to printed on another computer. When i inserted my flash to that disk, i noticed that when i clicked on my USB (E:/) i could not see my files... instead a shortcut of my E:/ was shown... when i clicked on it, my files where there. I thought that it wasnt a problem at first but when my antivirus program detected something with my USB i could not open anymore the shortcut of E:/ inside my USB. so my files were lost.. good thing though that i made a backup of it all.. i tried to format my USB but the same problem persists.. now all my usb drive are infected.. can someone pls help me..

mrxuh

Honorable
Feb 25, 2013

mrxuh

Honorable
Feb 25, 2013
i have tried to format my usb but still it didnt work.. it seems to be a problem with the compute already.. i copied the files inside the shortcut then copied it outside the usb... then i download the latest avast.. avast blocks the action of the virus which is actually a system.32 virus..

Mc Clary

Honorable
Apr 26, 2013
Computer: First save your files on you're disk D or somewhere safe... then try to "RESTORE POINT" it...

Flash Drive's: Format it on other computers(no shortcut virus).... don't even try to open you're Flash Drive's root... then it's okay...

ImssSystems

Honorable
Jun 11, 2013
IMSS Systems
Most Complete
USB Protector iMyth Security systems it's the most complete usb protector in the world it's a Monitor System & Anti-Virus & Anti-Link Infection & Anti-Worm & Complete System Tools & Much More. more information...

---------------

http://www.im-ss.net/

ImssSystems

Honorable
Jun 11, 2013

IMSS Systems
Most Complete
USB Protector iMyth Security systems it's the most complete usb protector in the world it's a Monitor System & Anti-Virus & Anti-Link Infection & Anti-Worm & Complete System Tools & Much More. more information...

---------------

wertert

Honorable
Jun 17, 2013
To recover your data (which is converted to shortcuts), just follow these simple steps:
Connect your pen/flash/external drive to your computer.
Go to My Computers and check what drive it is assigned for example F: or G: drive. Lets assume its G: (replace it with correct letter as applicable in your case).
Click on “Start” –>”Run”–> type cmd and hit OK. This will start command prompt.
Enter the following command and hit “Enter”.
attrib -H -R -S /S /D G:\*.*

FAQs

Q: I tried the command but getting this error: attrib-h-r-s cannot be recognized.
A: I bet you missed the spaces attrib -H -R -S /D G:\*.*
Q: If I use the attrib command, will the hard drive get formatted and will all the files and folders be deleted?
A: No, only the files converted to shortcuts will be recovered. Nothing will be deleted.
Q: I had accidently deleted the data on my pen drive. How can I recover that?
A: For that you need data recovery tool. Try these free tools – Recuva, TestDisk, PhotoRec etc.
Q: All files converted to shortcuts and are infected by virus. Should I format my pen drive?
A: If you format the drive, you will loose all the data. Try to recover existing data using the attrib command as written in the post. Also scan the drive with latest antivirus.
Q: My folder name contains spaces for example My ABC. How to run the command?
A: When you run the command, use double quotes around the folder name ie “My ABC”
Hope that Helps :)
Source:
http://www.technologynext.org/files-on-flashexternalhard-drive-changed-to-shortcuts-how-to-recover/

ethical14

Honorable
Sep 2, 2013
iMyth security Systems ( IMSS )
This Is A Fantastic Tool i Really Like It...
All Pen Drive Shortcuts were Gone & All Hide Data Will Now recovered within a seconds..
I will Give ***** ( Five Star )

FreakAboutNeizuri

Honorable
Sep 23, 2013
Hey guys! I just wanted to share my solutions.
ADDITIONAL SOLUTIONS RATHER :)

Okay, after applying that command (attrib -h -r -s /s /d g:\*.*) to your Flash Drive, an unnamed folder will appear and it contains the files. However, it will disappear again when you plug it to other computer or when you unplug and plug it again. There's no need to scan your flash drive using any antiviruses.
*NOTE*
[PLEASE DON'T TURN OFF YOUR ANTIVIRUS, IT WILL AFFECT OTHER USBs]

Back to the attrib command, when the folder appears, you just have to backup these files to the computer (much better if your computer has an extra drive aside from Local Disk (C:/)). After you backup the files, open My Computer and right click on Removable Disk (whatever drive letter). Click Format and a new window appears. Untick the Quick Format option and click START. This will take a couple of minutes depending on the size of your Flash Drive. After formatting, your Flash Drive is now empty. Open the file location of your backed up files a while ago. Move these files to your newly formatted USB. After copying those files, remove your flash drive safely and plug it again. You'll see that there's no shortcut anymore and your files are back.

HOPE IT HELPS! THANKS ! :) )
\(*O*)/

Gija

Honorable
Nov 20, 2013
I'm so sorry for you but as you said you had a back up storage so here is what you will do
-Download an application called AutoRun Eterminator,
-Install it,
-Then plug in your flash drives,
-Open Command Prompt or simply press window+R to display Run
Type cmd then press Enter,then type the follow,
-Letter of you drive followed by : press enter
example e:eek:r f: or k: e.t.c
-del *.lnk (for deleting any malicious virus on the drive) press enter
-attrib -s -r -h *.* /s /d /l (some times with other computers with different windows /l doesn't work so just end /d) press enter
-it'll take some sec after your drive letter appears type Exit the press enter
I hope this will help ya
THE END

John Serrano

Honorable
Dec 15, 2013

When I enter the command I get: "file not found - "G:\*.*"
I definitely have it plugged in and I'm sure it's the right name. Help please?

EDIT:
Nevermind. I'm an idiot. I had it down as +.+ instead of *.* Sorry. Anyway, it worked! Thanks.

Gerson Novo

Honorable
Jan 12, 2014

Gerson Novo

Honorable
Jan 12, 2014
control panel, folder options, view tab, show hidden files folders, ok now go to computer, on the search for fehzvtuqyw.vbs and delete from c drive and mem card should fix it stupid scripts hate it

khuttar2

Reputable
Mar 13, 2014
hi,
when you get shortcut files in the flash do the steps :
(note dont format your flash before doing this steps )

install total commander

open the software on the menu top choose configuration
option
layout ( mark show button bar & show drive buttons )
Display ( mark show hidden/system files & show long name )

open the flash from totl commander and you will able to see the files and the virus file

copy all files to the hdd ( dont copy the virus )

format the flash.

thats work to me every time

rustam2003

Reputable
Oct 13, 2014

I dont get it what is My Computers and where do i find it?

Lohith_1

Reputable
Aug 20, 2015
I fixed this problem with a simple solution. Inserted the flash drive on a Windows7 laptop. When I opened the flash drive, I could see a shortcut to itself. Right Click -> Run as Administrator, this listed all the files that were supposed to be there on the drive. Cut/paste all the files to main flash drive folder and permanently delete the shortcut.

Jim_28

Reputable
Aug 26, 2015
The reality is that the files in your flash drive is not lost it is inside the unnamed folder which is hidden. use that command attrib -s -h -r /s /d driveletter:\*.* to unhide all files in your flash drive then cut all your files in the unnamed folder and paste it outside of the unnamed folder. after that delete the unnamed folder and the shortcut. safely remove your flash drive from the computer. Don't plug it back in because the computer itself is the one doing that problem, its a virus/script running in the computer and is continuously doing that problem. you may stop the virus temporarily by going to the task manager and end the process named rundll32.exe. it is the one that is running the script of the virus, make sure that process is not being restarted(it appears again in the running processes in task manager). then you can safely plug your flash drive again. But do not delete rundll32.exe from your computer its not the virus it is part of the windows OS
Update your anti-virus software to the latest virus definitions and scan whole computer until that virus is removed. if your anti-virus software didn't find/removed that virus look for a more powerful anti-virus software