USB problem with Corsair 330R

Sparics

Commendable
Mar 20, 2016
So my corsair 330R case has two usb 3.0 ports on the front i/o panel that have their wires leading into one connector that is attached to a usb 3-2 adapter to work with my motherboard. When I tested the ports out, I noticed that the left port has data transfer and power, while the right port only has power. Does anyone know why this is happening and what I can do to fix it? I don't think it has to do with faulty pins because if that were the case, then neither of the ports would have had data transfer.

Solution
You can rule out the adapter by using the same adapter on (probably) a friends computer that has an available front panel USB3.0 connector and see if the issue is persistent. Likewise you'd be best served by ruling out your front panel connector itself isn't faulty by connecting the front panel to a motherboard that has an internal USB3.0 port. Best way you can do this without buying or installing a new motherboard is to take the case(or just the front panel) to a friends house, have the front panel connected to the motherboard and trying to transfer data. If the front panel is damaged/faulty then the issue you've detailed will happen on a motherboard with an internal USB3.0 header hooked to the front panel connector.

Hope this helps
:)

Lutfij

Titan
You can rule out the adapter by using the same adapter on (probably) a friends computer that has an available front panel USB3.0 connector and see if the issue is persistent. Likewise you'd be best served by ruling out your front panel connector itself isn't faulty by connecting the front panel to a motherboard that has an internal USB3.0 port. Best way you can do this without buying or installing a new motherboard is to take the case(or just the front panel) to a friends house, have the front panel connected to the motherboard and trying to transfer data. If the front panel is damaged/faulty then the issue you've detailed will happen on a motherboard with an internal USB3.0 header hooked to the front panel connector.

Hope this helps
:)

Solution