[SOLVED] USB Sound card...possible?

TornAsunder

Distinguished
Jan 30, 2015
Is a USB audio adapter for 3.5mm headphone also good for the detachable microphone?

I have a Logitech G Pro wired headset that I must have damaged in some way. The cord was forcibly removed yesterday from the jack after I accidentally pulled on it and ever since then, the headset is not working as it was. The microphone doesn't seem to be detected when testing it through Discord, the Logitech G HUB, or directly through the sound settings and if I want to be able to hear any other sounds from the headset, I have to change the audio profile in the sound settings to the RealTek High Definition Audio speaker choice. The option for Logitech PRO X Gaming Headset is still available in the settings but it doesn't relay any sound at all.

The headset itself only has the one cord which I had plugged into the jack in the back of my computer tower. Pretty sure it is meant to be inserted into the green jack but I tried every other jack as well as the two jacks which are in the front of my computer tower. The only way I can hear any sound from this headset now is by using the RealTek option in the sound settings. The headset also works if I plug it in elsewhere, such as my phone. Although, I didn't test the microphone on my phone now that I think about it.

A friend mentioned there are USB adapters I could possibly use, and these definitely seem cheaper than buying a completely new headset, but after doing some reading it seems people have issues with getting microphones to also work through an adapter, or that perhaps the quality of the microphone is just so bad it's barely usable. The microphone is good to have as I do use it a lot.

I'm thinking that maybe I damaged the jack in some way when the cord was removed, as it would have probably come out in an angle rather than straight, as prior to this incident the headset and its microphone was working great. I don't really have any other headset laying around that I can test nor do I really know what I might be able to do at home to try and troubleshoot the headset itself just in case a setting is wrong or something.

Last edited by a moderator: