USB Sound Card with MIDI for Win95?

Nuobu

Commendable
Jul 20, 2016
Hello there,

Does anybody know of a USB soundcard with MIDI which has a Win95 driver please?

I'm trying to run Sample Vision by Turtle Beach on a Win 95 laptop with USB and hopefully, transfer samples via MIDI to my Korg DSS-1 keyboard.

So, it needs to run on Win 95 and have MIDI IN and OUT. Can't seem to find much on eBay but hopefully, they do exist?

I would prefer not to go the PCI route, is possible.

Thanks for any input,

Nuobu

Solution
Hello,

What version of Windows 95 do you have? If I'm correct, they didn't add USB support until OSR2 (also known as Windows 95 B).

You should really consider just buying a MIDI adapter for the serial port on your laptop, and an interface to hook up to. From there you can use a midi cable from the interface to your keyboard.

USB soundcards were just a theory back in the days of Windows 95. What did the laptop come with? I'll be darned if it is Windows 95

gabelossus

Honorable
Jan 26, 2014
Hello,

What version of Windows 95 do you have? If I'm correct, they didn't add USB support until OSR2 (also known as Windows 95 B).

You should really consider just buying a MIDI adapter for the serial port on your laptop, and an interface to hook up to. From there you can use a midi cable from the interface to your keyboard.

USB soundcards were just a theory back in the days of Windows 95. What did the laptop come with? I'll be darned if it is Windows 95

Solution