Question USB stick for BIOS Flashback ?

bep1995

Reputable
Sep 25, 2019
Hello !!
Currently I have this lexar (2.0 8gb) usb stick exclusively for Flashback/QFlash- Plus and works fine, as I have done 3 updates with this method.
The thing is that usb is 15 years old and I don't know how many years left. The last 5-10 years I didn't use it much but in the past I've done many full formats.

I found this stick that seems good and it's made in Japan if that matters !!

Will it work with Flashback or just I will waste my money ?? I know this bios update method is very picky about usb sticks.

PS. If I eventually buy the kioxia can I reflash the same bios version just to know if it works or no ?? Cause I have already the latest stable version. My mobo is a Gigabyte B550 Aorus Elite V2 rev. 1.0

Usually any USB pen drive should work if recognized in BIOS. The ones which aren´t working are most likely not formatted to fat32 or plugged into the wrong USB port. Some flash drives are just incompatible with the motherboard or faulty , but that´s really rare.

Toshiba is a good brand, should work without issues, even USB 3 pen drives will work usually

bep1995

Reputable
Sep 25, 2019
Usually any USB pen drive should work if recognized in BIOS. The ones which aren´t working are most likely not formatted to fat32 or plugged into the wrong USB port. Some flash drives are just incompatible with the motherboard or faulty , but that´s really rare.

Toshiba is a good brand, should work without issues, even USB 3 pen drives will work usually

Thank you very much for your answer !!
Can you also answer me my last question about re-flashing the same bios version ??
To know if it works or not just in case.