USB Stick unreadable

Sep 11, 2018
While formating my 32gb usb drive, something happened and it ended up being unreadable.
When I plug it in, nothing happens.
In the device manager window it appears as "Unknown USB device (Device Descriptor Request Failed)". I have tried everything I found online, changing the power options, updating and reinstalling drivers, not even running partdisk from cmd recognizes it.

Please, any idea on how to recover my pendrive?

pd: I doubdt it is a physical damage, it has to be something about the partition or formating. It is not my computer, it is the pen drive.

Solution
You can try diskpart and attempt to clean and then repartition the drive.

If that doesn't work then what probably happened during format is the eMMC chip that stores the data died on you.
IF it is showing as "Unknown USB Device" then either 1) it is the USB port or 2) a hardware issues with the usb drive, sadly more than likely an issues with the USB drive but again try another PC. If you keep getting the same issue it is the drive.

If it is the USB on the PC we can get to that as well

Sep 11, 2018
Well, I have tried in other computers but the USB sitck seems to be the problem. I have also tried other usb sticks in the usb port and it's working fine.
I am 100% positive the problem is the usb stick.
I don't think it is a hardware issue because the usb stick hasn't fell or being used roughly.
The problem started while formatting the usb stick, something happened and the formatting never succeded, and from that moment I cannot get to format it again or even read it. I am guessing it has something to do with it loosing its partition or the very basic information. Some kind of deep level format or something like that.

Any idea?

Sep 11, 2018
At disk management tool, the disk is not listed. Hence, at diskpart, when I list all drives, I only have my PC harddrives and I cannot see the usb storage.
Can you explain more in dept about that eMMC chip thing??.. What can I do next?

Honestly nothing. If it is not being picked up and just showing as Unknown it is dead and it is more likely the controller that manages the storage chip. If there is anything on there you need recovered there are some good guy who can do it, if there is nothing just toss it and buy a new one. They are so cheap now it isn't worth trying to fix.