[SOLVED] USB Type-C to PCI-E?

GuardianFromSteam

Honorable
Aug 11, 2015
Is there such a thing? If there is I can't seem to find one. Im looking for something that plugs into a usb type c port, that can hold a pci e card. Kind of like an external pci-e. Im trying to buy something but it fits into a pci e slot and I have a laptop so I can't get some pci e slot, but I have a usb type port. I also have a thunderbolt port if that can help

Solution
I may be off base here but doesn't the screamer need to be directly in the PCI to make the DMA access it needs? I would think that putting a USB or Thunderbolt controller in between it and the PCI bus would break the DMA level access. I could be wrong but it seems like what you are trying to do is sniff around in the PCI bus and then USB output the data. I am pretty sure it needs to be directly on the PCI bus for this to work. Even with some form of adapter the DMA data will more than likely be behind the corresponding bus controller. This is just my two cents as I don't claim experience with this class of hardware. I would also think that any USB or thunderbolt interface would have too poor of a latency and bandwidth factor to do...
a pci-e -> M.2
Why not USB type c to M.2 enclosure?

71VjCW60b-L._AC_SL1500_.jpg

jasonf2

Distinguished
I may be off base here but doesn't the screamer need to be directly in the PCI to make the DMA access it needs? I would think that putting a USB or Thunderbolt controller in between it and the PCI bus would break the DMA level access. I could be wrong but it seems like what you are trying to do is sniff around in the PCI bus and then USB output the data. I am pretty sure it needs to be directly on the PCI bus for this to work. Even with some form of adapter the DMA data will more than likely be behind the corresponding bus controller. This is just my two cents as I don't claim experience with this class of hardware. I would also think that any USB or thunderbolt interface would have too poor of a latency and bandwidth factor to do much good here. PCI = really fast, USB not so much.

Solution