[SOLVED] USB Wi-Fi Adapter not recognized on new rig

maet4

Honorable
Jul 5, 2015
Hello. Bought a TP-Link Archer T2UHP, had to download the drivers from the official site using my phone as Wi-Fi adapter. The problem is that when I install the drivers I get this message: Wireless Network Adapter is not detected. Please insert the right TP-Link Wireless adapter... rest is irrelevant.

Im sure Ive download the right drivers since the description matches, and so does the picture from the website. I've also tested the adapter on a notebook and worked without installing anything. Also it says that is compatible with Win10.

Could it be a motherboard thing? Haven't installed chipset or LAN drivers.

Solution
windows 10 or 7, 8 PC brand?

Always install the latest drivers from the motherboard website for your motherboard. Before installing any add on devices. That USB adapter has been known to have issues with windows 10 if you have disconnection issues with it once you get it working return it.

If you downloaded the driver "Archer T2UHP(US)_V1_161213_Windows" than your okay.

You can go into device manager and check if its detected with no driver it would be under other. Does the adapter have a power button that is black and hard to see?

To check Device manager click start and than type run than type or copy
devmgmt.msc. press enter

Turn off any virus protection while you install the drivers. after that it should restart.

Dave8671

Distinguished

Always install the latest drivers from the motherboard website for your motherboard. Before installing any add on devices. That USB adapter has been known to have issues with windows 10 if you have disconnection issues with it once you get it working return it.

If you downloaded the driver "Archer T2UHP(US)_V1_161213_Windows" than your okay.

You can go into device manager and check if its detected with no driver it would be under other. Does the adapter have a power button that is black and hard to see?

devmgmt.msc. press enter

Turn off any virus protection while you install the drivers. after that it should restart.

Solution

maet4

Honorable
Jul 5, 2015

devmgmt.msc. press enter

Windows 10. Those are the drivers downloaded, correct. The adapter has a WPS, I guess. Mother Gigabyte GA-B360M GAMING HD is the motherboard

I checked the device manager and there was an unknown device:
View: https://imgur.com/a/sIQ0lTB
Ive been told to link the hardware ID in another forum, and Ive been provided with this driver https://www.realtek.com/en/component/zoo/category/rtl8812au-software. It didnt work.

According to the compatibility statements on TP-Link's website, it should work just by plugging it. As it did when I connected it to another PC with win10

Dave8671

Distinguished
Yes that would work I looked up the chipset. Remove the driver thats installed now for it if you have not. For the record that USB adaptor is version V1. The issue that the manfacture can change the chipset that is used in Wifi adapters to save money. I know trendnet does this offen within the same adopter model than the drivers must change.