USB wifi adapter cutting out

calebandres717

Prominent
Nov 27, 2017
This problem has been occurring but not as severe as it is now.
So pretty much when i game, surf the web, or anything internet related the adapter loses connection to WiFi. I have diagnosed it and all it says is reset it. I reset it asnd it happens again a few minutes or hours later.
one thing i noticed is the adapter is very warm when it cuts out.
I am a noob at this computer stuff so bear with me if i didn't try something
Thanks in advanced

Solution
Try a pair of powerline adapters if the router is too far away from your PC. Then you'll be able to use ethernet instead of unstable WiFi.

That's what I did with my smart TV on ground floor (router is upstairs).

Using WiFi on the TV was so frustrating - - luckily the TV has an ethernet port so I use that instead through powerline adapters - - - brilliant.

Ethernet doesn't stifle bandwidth like WiFi often does either, so you get nearer to the bandwidth your paying for.
Try a pair of powerline adapters if the router is too far away from your PC. Then you'll be able to use ethernet instead of unstable WiFi.

That's what I did with my smart TV on ground floor (router is upstairs).

Using WiFi on the TV was so frustrating - - luckily the TV has an ethernet port so I use that instead through powerline adapters - - - brilliant.

Ethernet doesn't stifle bandwidth like WiFi often does either, so you get nearer to the bandwidth your paying for.

Solution