USB xHCI compliant Host controller operation failed

alexlovick

Prominent
Nov 1, 2018
My USB xHCI compliant Host controller wont work and keeps saying unsuccessful operation ive tried to update the drivers , uninstall and then reinstall and nothing seems to work.

Pc Specs are:
Asus prime z270-A
Intel® Core™ i7-7700K
NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1070
Microsoft Windows 10 Home (64-bit)
16GB DDR4 RAM

Have you tried rearranging your USB peripherals? Sometimes certain devices can have issues plugged into certain ports, especially these days with usb 2.0, 3.0, 3.1Gen 1 and Gen2. If there error still shows, but your devices work correctly, it shouldn't be a big deal. Have you tried latest chipset drivers in your mentioning of driver updates? Lastest UEFI?

alexlovick

Prominent
Nov 1, 2018
Only the USB c and one single USB port work but non of the others no matter which port i try to use they don't work i've tried to update the drivers and update my bios to see if its anything like that but the xHCI still failing to operate.

Same chipset? In most cases, it's highly recommended to perform a fresh OS install when changing board, unless it's the same model. The controllers themselves, ect. are different revisions than others. There can be driver conflicts, remnants from drivers from old board, ect. causing your issue from both old and new xHCI drivers. Some are Intel, some third-party most likely.