USB2 card for Poweredge 600 server

I have a poweredge 600 server with 3.3 volt PCI slots that I really could do
with getting a PCI USB2 card for to support my external hard drive for
backup purposes. Currently a backup takes around 8 hours at USB 1 speed. The
only USB2 cards I have tried seem to be 5 volt as the server fails to boot
with them installed

Does anyone know of a particular model of USB2 card compatible with this
server

Thanks

Paul

"Paul G" <zdg18@ukgateway.net.nospamplease> wrote in message
> I have a poweredge 600 server with 3.3 volt PCI slots that I really could
do
> with getting a PCI USB2 card for to support my external hard drive for
> backup purposes. Currently a backup takes around 8 hours at USB 1 speed.
The
> only USB2 cards I have tried seem to be 5 volt as the server fails to boot
> with them installed
>
> Does anyone know of a particular model of USB2 card compatible with this
> server

What OS?

"moncho" <moncho@NOspamameritech.net> wrote in message

> "Paul G" <zdg18@ukgateway.net.nospamplease> wrote in message
> > I have a poweredge 600 server with 3.3 volt PCI slots that I really
could
> do
> > with getting a PCI USB2 card for to support my external hard drive for
> > backup purposes. Currently a backup takes around 8 hours at USB 1 speed.
> The
> > only USB2 cards I have tried seem to be 5 volt as the server fails to
boot
> > with them installed
> >
> > Does anyone know of a particular model of USB2 card compatible with this
> > server
>
> What OS?

SBS2003

> "moncho" <moncho@NOspamameritech.net> wrote in message
> >
> > "Paul G" <zdg18@ukgateway.net.nospamplease> wrote in message
> > > I have a poweredge 600 server with 3.3 volt PCI slots that I really
> could
> > do
> > > with getting a PCI USB2 card for to support my external hard drive
for
> > > backup purposes. Currently a backup takes around 8 hours at USB 1
speed.
> > The
> > > only USB2 cards I have tried seem to be 5 volt as the server fails to
> boot
> > > with them installed
> > >
> > > Does anyone know of a particular model of USB2 card compatible with
this
> > > server
> >
> > What OS?
>
> SBS2003

I have been having luck with the Adaptec AUA-3100 and AUA-3100LP with 3 USB
2.0 ports in Windows Server 2003 and Enterprise Server 2003. I believe it
should
work in SBS2003 also.

I am currently running an Iomega REV USB 2.0 drive. It is awsome so far,
using
NTBACKUP to backup the entire system. It is a new server and it is backing
up
2.2 GB in 8 minutes.

moncho

> I have been having luck with the Adaptec AUA-3100 and AUA-3100LP with 3
USB
> 2.0 ports in Windows Server 2003 and Enterprise Server 2003. I believe it
> should
> work in SBS2003 also.

Thaks for the information, I've ordered one to try!

Paul