[SOLVED] Use a Samsung a10 as modem with a Ethernet cable?

Mar 13, 2022
Hi all!

trying to browse the web about using a Samsung a10 as a mobile connected to my router by enthernet cable.

can’t find anyone that have done that. Is it possible?

yes I know I can use usb cable to get it to work but I want to use an Ethernet cable.

Thanks in advance.

Solution
This is a new one to me. I wonder if it only supports certain brands of adapters. The reason you could not previously do that and the reason for example you can't use it on a tv is that the android OS must have a driver for the device. Unlike a computer you can not just load a device driver

So the next questions is how does it actually do this. This depends if it acts as say a router/hotspot but over ethernet or it is just using the cable and still running some kind of tethering software on the other device. If it acts as a router then you should be able to hook it to the wan port of the router.

USB ethernet adapters are pretty cheap so it is worth trying. Since the mobile broadband is not going to be very fast...
How do you think you can connect ethernet cable to a phone they don't have ethernet ports.

Maybe they make some kind of docking station that would have a ethernet cable but you are extremely limited by what you connect to a cell phone because of the locked OS.

Mar 13, 2022
How do you think you can connect ethernet cable to a phone they don't have ethernet ports.

Maybe they make some kind of docking station that would have a ethernet cable but you are extremely limited by what you connect to a cell phone because of the locked OS.

There is adapters USB to Ethernet

And I found this article

But I haven’t found anyone that have used it.

This is a new one to me. I wonder if it only supports certain brands of adapters. The reason you could not previously do that and the reason for example you can't use it on a tv is that the android OS must have a driver for the device. Unlike a computer you can not just load a device driver

So the next questions is how does it actually do this. This depends if it acts as say a router/hotspot but over ethernet or it is just using the cable and still running some kind of tethering software on the other device. If it acts as a router then you should be able to hook it to the wan port of the router.

USB ethernet adapters are pretty cheap so it is worth trying. Since the mobile broadband is not going to be very fast you likely can use the USB2 devices. Those can get 400mbps or so when used on a pc.

This is new to me. Last time I looked at this you had to root the phone to do this.

Solution

kanewolf

Titan
An A10 doesn't have Android 11. You could attempt to get an Android 11 ROM. What benefit do you believe you will get over using the phone in hotspot mode and then bridging to ethernet? An A10 isn't a 5G phone so bandwidth can't be the goal.