Question Use both CPU integrated graphics card and dedicated graphics card for multiple display purpose

Sep 24, 2023
I am wondering is it feasible to use both the built in Intel UHD Graphics 770 GPU in the i7-13700 CPU and the dedicated AMD RX 7800 XT graphics card at the same time to output display on multiple monitors?

I read there is some BIOS settings if the motherboard support it. So I plan to get the Asus ProArt Z790 to take advantages of the 3 onboard HDMI and display ports, I assume that means I can connect up to 3 monitors to the motherboard using the 770GPU, correct? Plus 4 HDMI/display port on the RX 7800 XT graphics card, if I am on the right track.

Does that mean I can connect up to 7 monitors using the integrated GPU and dedicated graphics card? Cause if yes, that would save me some space and PSU quota for 2nd dedicated graphics card.

Thank you.

You can use the igpu and dedicated at the same time, you just need to connect the igpu to a monitor and windows should recognise it.
The other things are possible in theory but you should mauke sure and read up on the mobo to see how well the support is, also unless you a talking about simple windows desktop output, the igpu could have a tough time displaying 3 complex things at once. It will also use up more of your system ram for the display so if you need a certain amount of ram for your system you might have to go one step in ram higher.

Sep 24, 2023
You can use the igpu and dedicated at the same time, you just need to connect the igpu to a monitor and windows should recognise it.
The other things are possible in theory but you should mauke sure and read up on the mobo to see how well the support is, also unless you a talking about simple windows desktop output, the igpu could have a tough time displaying 3 complex things at once. It will also use up more of your system ram for the display so if you need a certain amount of ram for your system you might have to go one step in ram higher.
Thanks.

Won't be using the integrated GPU for any heavy duty work, mainly just browser, youtube and play some videos. The dedicated graphics card will be used for gaming and probably video editing.

Misgar

Notable
Mar 2, 2023
Some video editing software makes use of all the GPUs it can detect, regardless of whether they're inside the CPU or on a separate PCIe card.

When I'm rendering 4K videos, I can see the app using both the 7950X iGPU and my main GPU to speed things up.

I stick to one 30in monitor and minimize the rendering window if I want to browse the web or watch Youtube videos. It makes very little difference to the rendering time, sometimes measured in days.

Reactions: thexmen
Nov 4, 2023
You may want to focus on 1 monitor on the discreet GPU and 1 on the integrated. The former for gaming or video editing and the latter for browsing on the web and other non graphics intense tasks as when a GPU handles more than 1 display, it's performance is distributed between the monitors. So, there will be an fps drop and if your not using a high end GPU, lag may be visible