[SOLVED] Use DVD-RW media like a USB flash drive?

Nov 1, 2019
Hi all!

When I first inserted my blank DVD-RW into my computer, it gave me the 2 standard options to either use the DVD-RW like a USB Flash drive or with a CD/DVD player. I clicked on the USB option and it showing like a "Windows was unable to format"

My question is, how do I make the DVD-RW act like a USB?

If there are any possible solutions, please let me know

Thank you and have a nice day.

Last edited:
Solution
A DVD-RW disk can be erased and you can start over which may be why it is not working for you.

Like a USB Flash Drive

In this format, information is written to the disc immediately. You can eject the disc, use it in another computer, and then reinsert the disc and keep adding files to it. You can use the disc until it’s full.

Like a CD/DVD Player

This format collects files to be written to the disc, storing them on the PC’s hard drive. All waiting files are written to the disc at one time. Then the disc is closed, and further writing to the disc is prevented.
A DVD-RW disk can be erased and you can start over which may be why it is not working for you.

Like a USB Flash Drive

In this format, information is written to the disc immediately. You can eject the disc, use it in another computer, and then reinsert the disc and keep adding files to it. You can use the disc until it’s full.

Like a CD/DVD Player

This format collects files to be written to the disc, storing them on the PC’s hard drive. All waiting files are written to the disc at one time. Then the disc is closed, and further writing to the disc is prevented.

Solution

TRENDING THREADS